In January of 2008, I was backpacking my way around Europe for 2 months. Italy was at the top of my list to visit, especially Venice. I stayed for several days in this beautiful city, soaking it all in, hopping around all the sights. I really loved Venice, though in some ways it made me sad. Nowadays it’s only a shadow of its former glory, literally sinking and decaying back into the water. It made me wish I could go back and see it 300 years ago when it was a great empire. There are so few people living in Venice now, it’s a city taken over by tourists, but I managed to catch this early morning shot of a back canal of Venetians getting ready to start the day.
Photo Friday: Venice, Italy
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Brilliant Beaches And Stunning Sunshine In Lanzarote November 26, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Lily: Looks like so much fun. I will definitely have to ...
- 新着 ステンカラージャケット 激安: Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored to death at work s...
- bostonian shoe company: I know this if off topic but I'm looking into sta...
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! - Young Adventuress: […] already waxed poetic before about how fr...
- Bob: I should have mentioned, my wife and I are spendin...