Photo Friday: Prague, Czech Republic

charles bridge prague

This week’s Photo Friday is Prague.

In 2008 I was backpacking around Europe, and my final stop was Prague. I was so excited to visit there, I spent almost a week in the Czech Republic, taking in all the sights and freezing my ass off. One of my favorite spots in Prague has to be the Charles Bridge, with the view of Prague castle in the distance. I snapped this shot, early in the morning before the city woke up and the crowds came out. The silhouettes of the statues are almost haunting for me, perfect for such a memorable city.

Have you ever been to Prague? What’s your favorite place there?

, ,

8 Responses to Photo Friday: Prague, Czech Republic

1. Francisco M. April 20, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

Nice picture :)

Regards,
    Francisco M.

2. kaity April 20, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

I am DYING to go to Prague! it’s definitely one of the top five places on my travel wishlist. :)

3. Fer April 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

Great picture! Charles Bridge is also one of my favourite places in Prague, specially when the sun is setting and you are up in the tower of the Old Town side. I remember being there in 2004 whishing the time to stop!

4. Reg of The Spain Scoop April 22, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Loved Prague, though it’s a bit touristy in the center. We went to a Velvet Underground cover band concert there for New Year’s, which was a blast.

5. Liz April 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I love Prague, I was there a few years ago in winter before all the tourists started coming. it was magical. and really really cold!

6. Suz April 30, 2012 at 5:54 am #

Superb blog! I mean everything about it. I’ve not been to Prague before but soon will be as I’ve managed to plan a few short Prague city breaks with a few of my mates. Lovely. Will defo post my Prague experience soon here. (bookmarked your blog!)

7. Liz May 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

Thanks! So glad you like it! I hope you enjoy Prague:)

8. Sofie December 18, 2012 at 8:21 am #

I’ve only been to Prague once, for a Hockey tournament my boyfriend was is. Although we did get to see something of the town, our visits were arranged around the hockey matches, so I wouldn’t mind going back some day to really take in the city.