With all this media attention in the States about Chick-fil-A and LGBT rights, reminds me of a few summers ago when I was living in Madrid and traveling around Europe. On my way home, I stopped in the UK for a few days to visit a good friend in Brighton. Now Brighton is one of my favorite cities in England. An hour south of London on the water, it has a thriving student population with lots of fun, colorful bars, cafes and adorable shops with lots of laid-back and exciting events and people. It is a beautiful historical city that has been flourishing since Jane Austen‘s time, and it’s and lively and young, something I’ve not always found when traveling in England. Did I mention that Brighton is considered the gay capital of the UK?
Photo Friday: Brighton, England
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Brilliant Beaches And Stunning Sunshine In Lanzarote November 26, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Al revés: ¿Que sorprende a los españoles sobre los ingléses? |: […] fijamente en estado de shock a lo que es...
- Sebastian: I can really feel with you in terms of leaving a j...
- Home Page: Thanks a lot for sharing this superb web site....
- 2013: The end of solo female travel? | C'est Christine: […] first press trip in Jordan resulted in f...
- Liz: It was really lovely!...