Top 5 Most Beautiful Places…So Far

most beautiful place

“What’s the most beautiful place you have ever been?”

I get asked this question so often, and the answer never gets any easier! How can I pick just one?

I am on a constant quest of looking for the most beautiful, little-known places around the world. I see a picture of a place and I decide I’ll go there one day. I read about a breathtaking area, mental note taken. Sometimes I even decide to go places filmed in movies! I can be inspired by almost anything!

I live for that feeling you get when you arrive at a new place and the view or scenery is so spectacular, you just have to step back for a minute in silence and reflect on it. Before taking a few hundred pictures that will never do the reality justice.

When Lindsay over at My Life as a Foreigner posted about the 5 most beautiful places she has been to so far as a blog link up, and seeing Megan’s response on a Suitcase and Stilettos, I decided to give it a go too.

Spain is not on the list since I am incredibly biased, and I already blog about it all the time! I’m trying to shake things up!

What are your 5 most beautiful places you have ever been?

Don’t forget to like my blog’s new facebook page!

1. Lake Bled and the Julian Alps, Slovenia

Egypt

Egypt

Nile River at Sunset

Egypt

Valley of the Queens

Egypt

Sunrise over the Valley of the Kings from hot air balloon

Egypt

Italy

Amalfi Coast

Italy

Island of Capri

5. The Cordillera Blanca mountains near Huaraz, Peru

Peru

Lake 69, around 15,000 ft! Highest altitude trek I’ve done!

Peru

Peru

Hiking in the Ancash region in the Cordillera Blanca mountains

Peru

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Top 5 Most Beautiful Places…So Far

1. Michelle August 9, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

Wow, you’ve been to some really beautiful places. Lake Bled has been on my wanderlust list for a fair while. Gorgeous!

2. christine_medina August 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

Your pics of Lake Bled are so stunning!

3. Elizabeth Carlson August 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

Thanks! Lake Bled is amazing! I love Slovenia so much. You just have to go on a really sunny day or it doesn’t look like that at all :/

4. Megan August 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

so glad you linked up!!! and looking at your bled photos never gets old (especially b/c my bled photos were awful and the weather was disgusting!) and of course im sure if i had been to egypt it would be on my list too.

• Elizabeth Carlson August 10, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Egypt is difficult, both beautiful and really ugly haha, all mixed up in one! I was so lucky when were at lake bled! It was absolutely perfect!

5. Lindsay Frost August 9, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

Your pictures are amazing! Now Lake Bled is absolutely at the top of my list. Unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to get there until next summer. Oh well, better late than never. I am planning a South America journey for late spring next year, I will definitely have to hit you up for travel tips when the planning time gets a little closer. Thanks for taking part in the link up. I know every place is beautiful in it’s own way and it is hard to choose, but it is awesome and inspiring to see other people’s top 5 list (so far).

• Elizabeth Carlson August 10, 2012 at 9:59 am #

thanks! you should go to bled in summer anyways, that way its warm enough to swim in the lake. let me know, peru was amazing, lots of bad luck but still beautiful! I can’t wait to go to the Norwegian fjords! it’s on my list for ages! and thailand too!

6. Monica August 10, 2012 at 9:59 am #

Wow, these photo are absolutely stunning. You’ve just inspired me to add a few extra places to my bucket list!

7. shannon xo August 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Stunning pictures, Gahhh, and here I am stuck in the states for the next year…is it too early to start planning my spring break trip for 2014?

8. Elizabeth Carlson August 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

Thanks!!! It is NEVER too early to start trip planning!!

9. Aria Montgomery September 2, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Sooo preeetty… wish I can go there… :)

10. Mike March 4, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Lake Bled is now on my list of places I need to go…soon! It looks beyond stunning. Maybe next year when I’m teaching in Spain I’ll have a chance to visit. The Alps look beautiful too. There’s always been something about mountains that intrigue me and make me want to explore and hike them.

11. Larissa March 5, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

WOW – Lake Bled and the Julian Alps…you weren’t kidding when you said most beautiful! Wondering what month you went, if spring or summer is better. You are right, I HAVE to go!

12. Girc May 30, 2013 at 4:15 am #

i wish there was i site where people would publish their travel top 5′s (city,food,landscape etc) :/
    good 5! :)

13. niagara falls October 21, 2013 at 2:30 am #

I am agree with you it is really ana mazing post and it is really attractive.

14. Michael Eiseman January 24, 2014 at 2:14 pm #

These are some gorgeous and harrowing pictures Liz. Seriously, you should go take pictures of the World Cup in Brazil this year. You are obviously a thrill seeker and the World Cup/Brazil is one of the most thrilling and beautiful places on Earth. If you are thinking about travelling to Brazil for the Word Cup, we have the best packages at the best prices for you at brazilworldcuppackage.com

15. Austin February 2, 2014 at 3:41 am #

Wow! I am literally salivating as I look at these gorgeous pictures! What a beautiful journey you have had! My wife and I are on a two year world trip right now, and the Bernese Alps are currently top my most beautiful places list (with Plitvice Lakes in Croatia at #2 and Mt Robson in Canada at #3), but we haven’t visited Slovenia or Egypt….yet. Thanks for the inspiration; settled in Turkey for now, but can’t wait to hit the open road again!!

16. Ken February 2, 2014 at 3:45 am #

I have been wanting to go to Slovenia for a while and now you are making me have to go :) thanks, and that is not sarcastic at all, I really mean it…oh summer come already!

1. Photo Friday: Lake Bled, Slovenia - Young Adventuress - November 9, 2012

[...] question I get asked a lot as a travel blogger. The answer is not always easy. I have been to many beautiful places around the world, each one distinct and special in its own [...]

2. My 5 Craziest Moments in Italy - Young Adventuress - March 28, 2014

[…] of my favorite areas of Italy is south of Naples on the Amalfi Coast. I spent a few days there back in 2008 in the spring, meeting up with an (ex) friend from college […]