On Safari at Phinda, South Africa

safari phinda

One of the things I have been looking forward to sharing with you guys the most from my time in South Africa has been the wildlife.

My first week there I went on a safari near Kruger National Park, and while I got to see some amazing animals, 2 days wasn’t nearly long enough. So I did the only logically thing possible – I rang the airline and rescheduled my flight to Spain so I could go back and have the full safari experience I had always imagined.

As a little girl, I used to eagerly flip through my parent’s copies of National Geographic, my curiosity in the world insatiable. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the Lion King was one of the first movies I ever saw. Who knows!

I wanted to trek through the Andes in Peru, climb Everest, float down the canals of Venice, be a war correspondent in the Middle East, and of course, track lions in Africa. Not to mention Out of Africa has always been one of my favorite movies. Robert Redford, swoon!

safari phinda

Of course, my obsession with the world, as we all know thanks to this blog, only grew over the years, and my desire to visit Africa has been lingering in the back of my mind since as far back as I can remember.

While I have been to Morocco and Egypt, I knew I needed to get to sub-Sahara Africa, but I wasn’t sure where to begin. So many amazing corners and spots to visit!

So when I got invited to South Africa, obviously I said yes about as fast as humanly possible. Show me some lions!

safari phinda

Before I begin I’d thought I’d also share a few photography tips for those interested. Recently I’ve been partnering with Canon Australia trying out some new gear, and truly working on taking my photography to the next level, something I’ve always dreamed of.

And trust me on this one, if there is one place you want to take photos, it’s on safari in Africa, as you are almost always guaranteed to see something mindblowingly awesome.

My standard kit is a pretty simple one, I shoot mostly on a Canon 70D (and upgrade from my 60D) with a 17-55mm lens. But when are you shooting wildlife, you need a good telephoto zoom, trust me on this one. The majority of the shots below were taken on a Canon 70-300mm lens which I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT.

If you want to know more about photography and my kit, head over to my post What’s In My Camera Bag!

safari phinda

I had heard great things about Phinda Mountain Lodge, an amazing And Beyond property located on the northeast coast of South Africa, and knew this was where I needed to go. Not to mention it is a Big Five reserve so I would finally be able to tick off seeing some of Africa’s greatest creatures (the hardest animals to hunt on foot historically:

Lion – Elephant – Leopard – Rhino – Cape Buffalo

I am happy to say I saw them all, though the leopard was the hardest and most elusive and I didn’t take any photos – I was too caught up in the moment.

A safari lodge on a game reserve is one of the best ways to experience African wildlife, though it’s important to do your research about which places are passionate about conservation and maintain high standards about wildlife.

As soon as I heard about And Beyond’s Rhinos without Borders program, I was hooked! Relocating 100 rhinos from South Africa to neighboring Botswana, which has a much smaller poaching risk, it was a huge step towards protecting rhinos, which are in rapid endanger of extinction.

safari phinda

I’ve always had strong feelings about protecting animals around the world, and unless you’ve been living under a rock this week, there’s no way you could have missed what’s been happening in Zimbabwe with the death of Cecil the lion being killed by a trophy hunter, taking the world by storm and loudly condemning the practice.

While I hardly think I am qualified to weigh in on the matter, besides the usual grumblings of “fuck that guy” and “lock him up for life,” I thought I would take the time to do something more positive, and show all of you guys just how amazing Africa’s wildlife can be, especially the lions.

I had but a taste on my recent trip to South Africa, and was luckily enough to spend a week at Phinda, and went out on safari every day, quietly following, observing and watching these amazing animals. Oh and taking about a million photos along the way.

Enjoy!

Zebras

The first zebra I spotted at Phinda I squealed so loudly I freaked everyone in the jeep. Couldn’t help it, especially as there was a baby in the herd!

Impala

Impala are the like the squirrels of Africa – there are so many by the end of the first day you are likely to ask your ranger to stop pointing them out. They are still such beautiful creatures though.

Lions

I’ve got a bigger post coming up soon about my experience with lions at Phinda because it was truly phenomenal. But in the meantime I’ll leave you with a few of my favorite snaps.

Warthogs

Logically it only makes sense to follow up Simba with Pumba.

Giraffes

Giraffes have to be the weirdest, most beautiful and most iconic creatures I saw in Africa. I only saw a handful of them when I was there, but perhaps the most memorable was this mamma, who stood in the same spot every day for a week when we were there, guarding over her baby who had died. It was the first time I felt like I could see empathy among these animals.

Hippos

I don’t know why hippos aren’t included as a big 5 animal, they are freaking scary. Until I saw a newborn baby next to his mom one night. Then I lost my shit – cuteness overload!

Cape Buffalo

Probably the least known of the Big 5, the Cape Buffalo is the only buffalo that hasn’t never been domesticated, mostly because they are pretty wild and dangerous and will gore you without a second thought.

Cheetah

We tracked these two cheetah brothers for half a day before we finally found them, and even now I am amazed that our tracker was able to spot them (see what I did there?) because they blend in so well.

Monkeys

I hate monkeys probably more than any other animals. They are naughty, terrible creatures who know no fear. Guard your breakfast because they will steal it along with anything else they can get their mitts on.

Elephants

My god do I love elephants! Between their herd mentality, watching the babies trip over their own feet to seeing them use their trunks like a snorkel, I find them to be some of the most fascinating animals I’ve ever seen. They were also the only ones that are truly scary, mostly because they are much much bigger than the safari jeep and you know they could flip it.

Wildebeest

Crocodiles

Run for your lives!

safari phinda

Other animals whose names I can’t remember (help!)

safari phinda

Actually, I think these are vultures (but don’t quote me) – how creepy are they perched in that tree?

Rhino

I saved the rhinos for last because for me they are the most special of all the animals I was lucky enough to see at Phinda. One rhino is poached every 8 hours (fact) for its horn, mostly for traditional asian medicine, and within the next year or two, their population will decline faster than their births, meaning they will go extinct very soon.

Luckily reserves have strong anti-poaching teams who watch the animals and do their best to keep poachers out. For me, rhinos were the most special animals to see, both black and white rhinos, because they were quiet and elusive, and just a joy to watch, especially the babies. How people could hack their faces off and leave them to die, I can’t even imagine.

I feel very privileged to see them in the wild, knowing that one day, if I ever had kids (jesus, what a thought!), they might not get to see them. SAVE RHINOS!

safari phinda

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Phinda for hosting me on safari, aand this post contains some affiliate links (I gotta pay the bills!) – like always I’m keeping it real, all opinions are my own, like you could expect less from me! Also this post contains affiliate links.

93 Responses to On Safari at Phinda, South Africa

1. Ola August 2, 2015 at 11:48 pm #

Beautiful pictures! I totally believe that two days are not enough to see everything.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 10:50 am #

Definitely not enough!

• Ethan August 5, 2015 at 1:06 am #

Ola, have you ever been to South Africa, if so what did you do there?

2. Henry August 3, 2015 at 12:53 am #

Thank you for such a wonderful post. Just like you, love of wildlife has always been a passion, and seeing that in your post is just the best. Looking into Rhinos Without Borders. Glad you wrote about that, now I can learn more about their efforts. Continue the wonderful job you’re doing.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 10:50 am #

3. Taylor August 3, 2015 at 2:15 am #

These photos are beautiful, Liz!

Did you happen to see any springboks? Those are my favorites!

I’m so jealous of your trip and hope to get over there someday soon!

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 10:51 am #

I don’t know if I saw any of them, I need to go back through my pics and check!

4. Lisa August 3, 2015 at 3:10 am #

Oh em gee! You share the same hatred for monkeys as me. Everyone thinks they’re so cute but I think they’re despicable! That made me so happy when you said that.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 10:51 am #

haha they are evil!

5. Lena August 3, 2015 at 5:00 am #

Wow! Liz, These photographs are incredible!! Haven’t been to South Africa yet. I did see “Big Five” in Masai Mara in Kenya and walked with Lions in Zambia.. If you haven’t walked with lions yet, you absolutely should. Think you will love it.

Let There Always Be A Road

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 10:53 am #

a lot of those lion interaction places are actually undercover lion farms where once the lions are grown, they are sold to be hunted, and as much as I love the idea of walking with them, I would really have to look into the ethics behind it.

• Elena August 3, 2015 at 12:39 pm #

I’m aware of that, I’m nor stupid or naive. I do research beforehand. I am talking about rehabilitation centers, where after a few years they are not sold to be hunted, but are given collars and let out into the wild, where American soulless hunters kill them. I love Africa with all my heart and to hear of such cruelty is heartbreaking to me. Centers such as the one I was in Zambia are wonderful, unfortunately it’s some ‘people’ that are heartless. Those who take bribes, should be jailed with the ones that offer them.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 1:33 pm #

I wasn’t saying you were stupid or naive, but a lot of those centers, even ones that are promoted as rehab or charity places, eventually farm out older lions to canned hunting operations. And that is not even bringing up the question of whether tourist interactions with lions are ethical. Just something to think about

• Elena August 3, 2015 at 7:06 pm #

Thanks for your opinion and point of view. I will think about that. But the time I spend with those beautiful souls was special and otherworldly experience and you or anyone else can’t change that.

“And that is not even bringing up the question of whether tourist interactions with lions are ethical.” – wow. just wow. This is not a zoo or drugged out of their minds tigers in Thailand. I’d like to see you talk “ethics” with this girl –

Getting back to nature, instead of buying iphone 7 will do people a great deal of good. It will teach them compassion and humility.

I guess if I told you that I ate a Black Jaguar in the Amazonian Jungle with the local tribe, you’d ban me from your site. ))) They don’t hunt for sport there, you know? it’s either kill or be killed in the laws of the Jungle. Would love to see you discuss ethics with Amazonian Tribe. )

Hunting animals like Lions for pure sport should be banned. Period.

Making wars for profit should be also banned. But that will never happen.

As you said.

“Just something to think about”

• Elena August 3, 2015 at 7:25 pm #

Seeing that my last comment wasn’t approved, I have a quick question – Is seeing Gorillas in their natural habitat in the jungle of Uganda, also “unethical” ? Because I did that too. If you believe that those encounters with Gorillas are “unethical”, so is your safari.

Your photos really are incredible. Very talented photographer.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 8:34 pm #

I’m really confused, your comments were approved, sometimes comments are automatically held as spam when they have too many links in them, but not this time. I wasn’t trying to stir up anything but point out that more often times than not, wildlife encounters like that are unethical. I don’t understand your parallels with jaguars or gorillas. You can’t compare seeing a gorilla in it’s natural habitat in Uganda with walking with a lion in an enclosure. Do you really think a wild lion would let you walk with it in its natural habitat? I’m sure your memories from Zambia are amazing, and I don’t know the details and maybe the place you went with operated in a positive, humane way, but in general, places like that do not and people should be aware of it. Over and out.

6. Polly August 3, 2015 at 5:21 am #

Your pictures are gorgeous and brought back memories of going on safari in South Africa. I love the one of the baby Cape Buffalo – so cute! A baby rhino was the highlight for our group as well, as it hid, frolicked, and playfully ran after our jeep. It’s sad to think they might not be around in years to come, so thanks for linking Rhinos Without Borders. Hopefully Botswana will be able to sustain their conservation efforts and more nations will be able to follow their example.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 10:53 am #

I hope so!

7. Deepti @ Endless Postcards August 3, 2015 at 7:00 am #

Beautiful photos! I’ve never been to South Africa but I went to Kenya and this post made me miss it so much. So jealous that you got to see leopards and rhinos. I think it’s fantastic that they’re making an effort to save the rhinos — it’s the least we can do for them.

Also, I have the same thoughts about the dentist. Fuck that guy.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 10:54 am #

what a terrible human!

8. Amanda August 3, 2015 at 12:53 pm #

Oooo I’m so glad you published this! I’m planning a big Africa trip in 2016, and I’m trying to convince my dad to join me for part of it and have been reading a lot about a lot of different safari companies in South Africa. I love that &Beyond focuses so much on conservation (and saving the rhinos!). Will definitely check them out!

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 1:33 pm #

Lots of great conservation programs out there

9. Maï August 3, 2015 at 1:36 pm #

Awesome! Beautiful shots! If I’m not mistaken, the antelope with the stripes is a kudu.
    The work Rhinos Without Borders does is really amazing, glad you mentioned them.

I love following your blog and this post just makes me want to go back to Zimbabwe!

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 8:20 pm #

• John August 3, 2015 at 10:21 pm #

Hi Mia

I think the striped antelope are actually Nyala. Very easy to confuse with kudu though, but the easiest difference when they’re in a herd with a male and females is the Nyala’s difference in coat colours. Kudu bulls and females are the same colour, but the bulls have beautiful spiral horns.

• Maï August 4, 2015 at 5:54 pm #

Thanks, makes sense with the one animal in the back.
        I’d never heard of Nyala, learning something new every day:) Cool!

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:01 pm #

that sounds right, thanks!

10. Britt August 3, 2015 at 3:38 pm #

Such a beautiful post- especially considering the time you have chosen to write it.

I can’t believe how many amazing animals you got to see! My only trip to Africa was when I went to Rwanda and stopped over for a Safari in Kenya. We saw lots of amazing Rhinos which are still one my favourite animals, along with giraffes, hippos, hyenas and warthogs. Oh and the monkeys got into our vehicle and stole all our candy! On the last day we managed to find the elusive lions.

But to see leopards and cheetahs is super awesome! This just makes me want to get back to Africa as soon as I can.

It is so scary and sad to think of all these beautiful animals being hunted and poached. I’m really glad that you decided to also include that perspective in this article.

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 8:21 pm #

Felt like I couldn’t leave it out!

11. Kelly August 3, 2015 at 4:07 pm #

Ah I’ve been waiting to read about this trip! Those photos are incredible! Makes me want to take my Instagram game up to the next level and actually learn how take photos. And your post comes at the perfect time. It breaks my heart that there are people out there killing these animals without a second thought. These animals need protection and people need to see how they are supposed to live! Thanks for sharing! Now I need to plan my own safari trip…

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 8:21 pm #

I cant believe it either!

12. Emma August 3, 2015 at 4:49 pm #

You’ve captured some beautiful shots! It’s also great to hear about the conservation work & Beyond is involved with. It’s hard to imagine how anyone could see these magnificent creatures and want to do any more than watch and appreciate them, and I’m sure seeing them in person reinforces this all the more!

• Liz August 3, 2015 at 8:22 pm #

It does!

13. dan@ghanatrips August 3, 2015 at 9:18 pm #

these are stunning photos…proud of been an african

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:01 pm #

Thank you!

14. dan@ghanatrips August 3, 2015 at 9:19 pm #

Liz, you should be bringing more stories about Africa

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:01 pm #

Plenty more to come!

15. Valerie August 4, 2015 at 12:50 am #

As usual, you both inspire wanderlust and awe with your photos — truly impressive, Liz! I used to flip through my parents National Geographic’s for food and architecture stories, so I’m glad I’m not the only one who did that (even if for different content 🙂 ).

Have a great week!

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:01 pm #

glad I’m not the only one haha

16. Camille August 4, 2015 at 1:33 am #

These are all gorgeous photos! I’ve always dreamed of going on safari. The plight of these animals is heartbreaking.

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:02 pm #

it’s so amazing!

17. K August 4, 2015 at 4:23 am #

Ahhh South Africa is TOP TOP TOP of my huge list of MUST VISITS. I want to see it ALL. 🙂

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:02 pm #

it’s even better in person!

18. Ron August 4, 2015 at 4:51 am #

My cousins went on a National Geographic African Safari and they loved it. My mobility is limited – do to a worn out hip – so I passed on the trip. Getting old is a real bummer and reduces activities that use to be routine.

Some of the lion’s look so relaxed setting there – or is it their way of luring tourist from the vehicle? Ha Ha. Thanks for all the beautiful photos.

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:03 pm #

they seemed so unconcerned with the cars haha

19. Victoria@ The British Berliner August 4, 2015 at 5:05 am #

Gorgeous pictures Liz and so intricately detailed. And also I hate monkeys too. Terrible creatures!
    What a thrill being able to spend so much longer on safari. I’ve been on safari in South Africa but only for a day, as in India. Hence, the monkeys.
    Shudder!

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:03 pm #

Devils!

20. Heather August 4, 2015 at 7:18 am #

Great pictures and post, I can’t believe you managed to get a picture of a warthog that made it look kind of cute! I really just wanted to add that I also hate monkeys (I wouldn’t never hurt one of course). It’s not something I usually speak up about since most people seem to be in love with them, though I don’t know why. But they’re terrible.

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:04 pm #

It was a mama warthog guarding her babies in the hole! Also monkeys are evil

21. Caroline August 4, 2015 at 7:55 am #

I absolutely love this. Your pictures are fantastic as well. Especially with the coverage about Cecil, this is great. A side note, I’m not sure your amazon links for the camera options are working. At least on my end.

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:05 pm #

omg you’re right, thank you!

22. Janelle August 4, 2015 at 11:02 am #

UHMAZING!!!!!!!!
    I’m coming into a lot of free time in the near future and I’ve been looking into a big overland trip across Africa to include in my trip. Your pictures of Cape Town from earlier posts/instagram etc are what put that city firmly on the list, and now all these shots too, it’s just amazing. Although, I am wondering if I need to upgrade my camera game, just have a point and shot (with pretty exceptional zoom, but still, it’s something I’m going to have to consider).

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

OMG yes you need to upgrade, don’t go on safari without a good zoom!

• Janelle August 6, 2015 at 9:51 pm #

Maybe I’ll look at something inbetween. 😊 I just don’t know if I have the patience to learn DSLR. Haha. I’ll be busy swearing at the camera while a giraffe saunters by.

23. Carolina August 4, 2015 at 1:02 pm #

Great photos!
    I’ve always loved cheetas and their amazing camouflage. Some of the other, un-named animals you saw, well , there were definitely vultures in that tree. I actually think they’re pretty damn cool birds, and definitely not deserving of their sometimes bad reputation.
    Thanks for another great blog post!

• Liz August 4, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

They are pretty cool, right?

24. Leonie Parker August 4, 2015 at 9:33 pm #

Looking Amazing. Nothing better than seeing wild amazing.

• Liz August 5, 2015 at 9:34 am #

agreed xx

• Derek August 13, 2015 at 11:25 pm #

Great photos Liz. This is the way animals should be “shot” with a camera. This show how you could have fun interacting with nature from a good distance. Thanks for sharing.

25. Fola August 5, 2015 at 8:02 am #

Amazing post Liz.

Although I’ve been on a safari, it was just for a day and I can’t wait to go on another safari real soon. The killing of Cecil the Lion was a sad one. Hopefully the poaching of these wild animals ends real soon.

• Liz August 5, 2015 at 9:35 am #

me too 🙁

26. Helen August 6, 2015 at 3:16 am #

Great pics Liz, I never get tired of looking at safari pictures! 🙂

The unidentified animals… top one is a waterbuck – white ring on it’s ass, the other antelope, with the stripes is a nyala (said n-yala), I think! Then the birds, think top one is just called a green pigeon, then underneath that, vultures! Not sure of the other birds though!

x

• Liz August 6, 2015 at 10:57 am #

thank you!!

27. Megan August 7, 2015 at 1:11 pm #

Great pics! Any tips for a new camera buyer that doesn’t want to spend a ton, but doesn’t want a piece of junk either? Want to be able to take good pics that will look nice online. Thanks!

28. Paul August 10, 2015 at 8:27 pm #

Just discovered your blog – excellent! I’m a writer of text books for students of English and am including a profile of your blog in a text – hope you don’t mind.
    Keep up the good work!

• Liz August 11, 2015 at 6:11 pm #

sure thing as long as nothing on here is republished, feel free to email me with questions 🙂

29. Christina Soong August 10, 2015 at 10:49 pm #

I could read a hundred safari posts and never get tired of it. There is really nothing like living your very own Lion King adventure!

30. Alexandria D. August 15, 2015 at 1:55 am #

I love your animal photography especially the ones with the adorable baby animals. How precious! ^_^

• Liz August 15, 2015 at 10:23 am #

thank you!

31. Anna August 20, 2015 at 7:02 am #

Hey thanks for this. It was truly enjoyable. Loved all the photos 🙂

• Liz August 21, 2015 at 4:51 pm #

32. Xahid Hasan August 22, 2015 at 2:05 am #

Looks like you was enjoying much those times, by the way, your are great photographer.

• Liz August 22, 2015 at 9:52 am #

thanks!

33. Rekha Rajan August 25, 2015 at 12:26 pm #

Ever since I saw an epic video on youtube about a fight between lions, buffalos and a crocodile…over a small baby buffalo…at the Kruger National Park….I have wanted to visit. So jealous of you.

Some great pics!

• Liz August 25, 2015 at 5:10 pm #

Hope you get to visit there!

34. Daniel | Dan Flying Solo August 25, 2015 at 6:55 pm #

Wow!!! Such an incredible collection of Photographs. Your blog is such an inspiration, such a visual feast! Please stop giving me MORE places to add to my list however, my bank account finds it very irrisponsible of you 😛

• Liz August 25, 2015 at 10:51 pm #

hahaha thanks!

35. casa rural en la rioja August 25, 2015 at 7:07 pm #

Estoy muy satisfecho de encontrar esta web. Quería daros las gracias por escribir esta obra maestra. Sin duda he saboreado cada pedacito de ella. Os te tengo marcados para ver más cosas nuevas de esta web .

36. Susie August 29, 2015 at 10:41 am #

When I was on safari in South Africa in Kruger, it was for a week – I agree 2 days is not enough! Fortunately, we did see each of the big 5 within our first 2 days!

And yes, the leopard was definitely the hardest animal to find. We had seen leopards from afar, but wasn’t able to get close to one until the end of our time on safari. We found a female leopard laying in a huge tree, eating an impala carcass. We ended up sitting under this tree for 2 hours (and oddly, I was able to get signal on my phone, so naturally I texted my mom that I was sitting under a tree with a leopard in it!). Then, out of nowhere a male leopard came from the grass, and jumped up into the tree, determined to get the carcass. There was some growling and fining between the two (and all of us in our jeep, albeit silently FREAKING OUT) before the female leopard gave up and jumped from the tree laving the male to finish eating the carcass.

It made sitting there for 2 hours worth it!

I think my favorite animals to just sit and watch were the lions (we saw male and female lions and 11 week old baby cubs!) and the elephants.

• Liz August 29, 2015 at 12:03 pm #

I wish I had seen cubs!

37. sean September 10, 2015 at 5:10 am #

Oh i think your blog is the best for “most amazing travel photos” ha! it really is…Really inspired me here.

• Liz September 10, 2015 at 8:12 am #

38. Anne S October 1, 2015 at 9:48 am #

The very fuzzy antelope in the first unknown picture is a waterbuck, so cute 🙂

• Liz October 3, 2015 at 9:19 pm #

39. Stella Pike October 14, 2015 at 12:42 am #

Hi

Lovely pictures and information here about Lion – Elephant – Leopard – Rhino – Cape Buffalo etc. I will share this post to my children. Very useful information here.

40. Radhika October 17, 2015 at 4:26 am #

Wow- this is fantastic!

41. dannielle | While I'm Young and Skinny June 7, 2016 at 2:32 am #

Wow, you got some amazing captures! I’m totally looking Phinda up for my trip. I’d probably be terrified the whole time, but in a good way. I almost bought a canon and settled for an Olympus Pen, but now I want a canon next!

42. Nandha August 10, 2016 at 5:48 pm #

Nice Article there. These are list of names that you missed

Eagle – Brown Snake Eagle
    Vulture – Lappet-faced Vulture
    Deer – Waterbuck
    Small Brown bird – Munia
    Dove- Emerald Dove

Hope this info is helpful

43. Elvice | Tanzania Safari September 19, 2016 at 2:55 am #

Great Pics! Wish you come to Tanzania as well. The land of Kilimanjaro, Serengeti and Zanzibar, I am not bragging though , hahaha , lol

Elvice

1. The Alhambra in Photos | Travel Blogger Community - August 11, 2015

[…] On Safari at Phinda, South Africa August 2, 2015 […]

2. Tales by Light in Byron Bay, Australia | Travel Blogger Community - August 12, 2015

[…] On Safari at Phinda, South Africa […]

3. I loved Cape Town so much I couldn't leave - Young Adventuress - November 11, 2015

[…] and changed my flights giving myself an extra week and a half in Africa. First I headed out to Phinda, an amazing safari reserve, and then booked myself a ticket back to Cape […]

4. I loved Cape Town so much I couldn’t leave - Home Traveling Blog - March 9, 2016

[…] changed my flights to give an extra week along using a half in Africa itself. First I went to out Phinda , an amazing Safari Reserve, along with then booked me a ticket back to Cape […]