Sunset over Lanzarote, Spain in the Canary Islands Over the years, I’ve found I do some of my best thinking when I’m traveling. Away from the hustle and bustle of life back home, between checking my phone for texts and being pushed to “succeed”, I find that I can relax and philosophize. While traveling, it’s [...]
Archive | Confessions RSS feed for this section
When I proudly announced that I was going to Turkey 2 months ago, I was met with a surprising amount of skepticism, worry and doubt, mostly from my family. Calmly reassuring everyone that Turkey is a very safe country and that I was going no matter what they said, I continued to plan and coordinate [...]
My love for the ancient world dates back over a decade and has very profound and significant origins. “My name is Gladiator.” Who knew watching Russell Crowe fight tigers and make out the sister of the Roman emperor would inspire such an ardent and deep admiration for antiquity? If my mother only knew that letting [...]
Deep breath, inhale, slowly exhale. Repeat. You can do this. With my fingers paused on my office keyboard, staring off at the same spreadsheet for an hour, I tried to give myself a pep talk. Today is the day I quit my job. Well, it would be the day once I manned up and found [...]
If moving abroad were easy, everyone would be doing it, right? With only about 35% of the American populace holding passports, I think it’s safe to say that most of our knowledge of the big wide world comes from the idiot box and the internet, not from firsthand experience. Personally, I cannot STAND it when [...]
Maybe I am borderline ADD, but for me there is nothing worse than waiting around for something. Waiting for a ride somewhere; waiting for a friend to show up for a coffee date, waiting for the next Game of Thrones season (10 days woot woot!) or waiting on a trip or big move abroad sometime [...]
Honestly, I feel like this title could be a name for an OPI nail polish. Whoever is in charge of coming up with the color names, I want to BE you (OPI marketing team; are you listening? I would be so good at this job!) Sidetracked. Sorry. So three years ago today (ok, last week) [...]
**Warning this post borders on the TMI, but I thought it was too hilarious not to share Source Two weeks ago I found myself completely naked lying on my back staring at the starry ceiling of an antiquated bathhouse deep in the heart of Istanbul thinking “what the hell did I get myself into?” And [...]
Ok guys, I have a confession: I tend towards having a sassy mouth (i.e. I can be a sarcastic bitch). It’s not one of my more admirable qualities, but hey, nobody’s perfect and I’d say 80% of people find it entertaining. If you fall in the 20% category and do not find the smartass amusing [...]
I just discovered Julia’s blog last week when she left me a novel of a comment on my Breaking Up to Travel post. A girl after my own heart, not only has she traveled and lived all around the world at a young age and writing about it on her blog, Nowhere to Go but [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- Postcards from Jerash, Jordan May 23, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- Trevor Huxham: Wow! I had no idea Jerash even existed! It reminds...
- Vanessa: P.S. THANK YOU for this detailed article, I am tra...
- Vanessa: Acting like you belong is really key to traveling....
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Liz great pictures and what can I say, it is easy ...
- Andrea Telles: by the way since most people are talking about gre...