Is it just me or is this year flying by? Sometimes it feels like moments that shouldn’t be forgotten are gone in the blink of an eye while others drag on for eternity (cue 26 hour flight from New Zealand to Dublin, woof!) Very profound statement, I know. Some days I can hardly believe Christmas [...]
Archive | England RSS feed for this section
“I am sure my sisters must all envy me. I only hope they may have half my good luck. They must all go to Brighton. That is the place to get husbands.” Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice I’m gonna let you guys in on a little secret; times have changed. Nowadays, Brighton is NOT the [...]
For the past two months I’ve been hip-hopping around Europe by train with my Eurail pass, in a new city every day or two. Usually I am so tired I can’t even remember my own name when I go to bed at night, not to mention my back is so sore from hauling around my [...]
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” Jane Austen When I was twelve years old, my sister-in-law gave me a beautifully bound copy of Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, with a handwritten note inside saying how much [...]
Nothing makes me happier than when the leaves begin to change. Shades of gold, red, orange and yellow blanket the ground, crunching under my feet as I would rush off to class in university in Massachusetts or hiking around my parent’s home in Virginia. Without a doubt, autumn is my favorite season. I love fall, [...]
I have a confession. You can’t tell anyone, promise? Ok, here is goes… I’m a BIG dork, a HUGE dork. Not like a secret comic book lover or a fan of calculus, but a fully-fledged, unashamed, out of control nerd. I was a medieval studies major in college, at an all-women’s college, that I went [...]
With all this media attention in the States about Chick-fil-A and LGBT rights, reminds me of a few summers ago when I was living in Madrid and traveling around Europe. On my way home, I stopped in the UK for a few days to visit a good friend in Brighton. Now Brighton is one of [...]
In the summer of 2009, I was living the dream, getting to live in Europe while researching for my senior thesis. On my way over from the States, I decided to stop off in the UK and visit some of the places I had been hoping to get to. The first stop was Bath. Growing [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Holger: I like your Article much. I would like mention the...
- Kirsten: Love this post btw. I've been to Turkey twice - ...
- Liz: It was SUCH a cool experience!...
- Liz: San Seb, Bilbao, Logroño, Oviedo, Santiago :) oh ...
- Liz: I WILL def come visit! I really love the middle ea...