I began this blog right before I moved to Spain in 2010 to teach English for two years. Consequently, I receive many queries, tweets, emails and carrier pigeons asking me how I did it. Now I went through the auxiliares de conversación program through the Spanish Ministry of Education, thought there are several other routes [...]
Archive | guest RSS feed for this section
One of my favorite regions in Spain is the Basque Country. Seriously beautiful and seriously misrepresented, I feel like this tiny, unique area is often overlooked and skipped on classic Spain itineraries. People are put off by the distance or the fact that it’s just so different from the rest of Spain, being that they [...]
While I am away traveling in Turkey this week, I have lined up some guest posts by some of my favorite bloggers, posts about places I hope to make it to one day. This post is from Trevor, a long-time internet buddy and writer over at A Texan in Spain. Trevor is teaching English down [...]
I just discovered Julia’s blog last week when she left me a novel of a comment on my Breaking Up to Travel post. A girl after my own heart, not only has she traveled and lived all around the world at a young age and writing about it on her blog, Nowhere to Go but [...]
While I am in Turkey, I have been lucky enough to line up some fabulous guest posts from a handful of my favorite bloggers. Ashely blogs over at Ashley Abroad, currently taking on expat life as an au pair in France. A girl after my own heart, Ashley has traveled and lived all over the [...]
I have been a long-time reader of Zach’s blog, Not Hemingway’s Spain, as well as being a big believe of what it stood for. There is so much more to Spain that what Hemingway wrote about, i.e. the running of the bulls in Pamplona and visiting places like Ronda. If you like reading profound, thought-provoking [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Is Turkey Safe for Women Traveling Alone? April 17, 2013
- Jessica: This program sounds amazing! I'm playing with the...
- OCDemon: I've recently heard "I'm afraid of flying" and...
- varan: hi all i am from istanbul,one american woman wa...
- Why I Didn’t Do the Auxiliares Program | ¡Hola Yessica!: [...] Okay, getting a job abroad is pretty cool, n...
- Destinee: The same thing happened to me when I went to visit...