Do you ever feel so overwhelmed with something in your life that you start to feel suffocated? Like the days seem so endless like you’ll never get through them all? I used to feel like that in college, super stressed and stretched out, like I was always on a breaking point, mentally and physically exhausted [...]
Archive | North America RSS feed for this section
In the beginning of last summer, riled up by all my problems with Spanish bureaucracy, I wrote a post entitled 12 things I miss about America. Little did I know I hit on such a hot and controversial issue! Fights were breaking out in the comment section and on twitter about touchy topics like to-go coffee [...]
Nothing makes me happier than when the leaves begin to change. Shades of gold, red, orange and yellow blanket the ground, crunching under my feet as I would rush off to class in university in Massachusetts or hiking around my parent’s home in Virginia. Without a doubt, autumn is my favorite season. I love fall, [...]
“Let us not measure our sorrow by their worth, for then it will have no end.” Macbeth I’ve never considered myself to be particularly patriotic; I spend as much time living outside of the United States as I do within, and I spend as much time grumbling about our government as I do about Spain’s. [...]
One of my favorite things to do when I am in the States is to take a road trip! I roll the windows down in my rocking yellow jeep, blast music through the stereo and get real excited to visit friends and family I don’t get to see very often. I don’t have a car [...]
If there is one city in the world that has literally everything you could want to eat, it has to be New York City. When I am in the greatest city in the world, I feel like I have to walk two feet before I run into a different restaurant, bar or cafe. It seems [...]
“It couldn’t have happened anywhere but in little old New York.” O. Henry I am a huge NYC fan even though I don’t live there. Yet. There is just something about that noisy, filthy city that tugs at my heart. I go there as often as I can when I am in the States. I [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Is Turkey Safe for Women Traveling Alone? April 17, 2013
- Amanda: I am planning on traveling alone to Istanbul this ...
- Liz: Thanks Kendra!...
- Liz: Thanks Valorie! I was just in Jordan and I leave a...
- Liz: That sounds like a tough decision but I can tell y...
- Liz: Thanks Angie!!...
As seen on
Follow @YoungAdventuress on Instagram!
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/carls20e/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simply-instagram/simply-instagram-functions.php on line 187