I’ve just realized it’s been AGES since I have written about one of my most favoritest places in all of Europe – Switzerland! Switzerland is the bomb.dot.com, sigh, yes I did just write that, but it’s well-deserved. It is just an incredible country, end of story. I’ve definitely waxed poetic about Switzerland in the past. The [...]
Archive | Switzerland RSS feed for this section
“Liz, why haven’t you written anything adventurous lately,” my sister whined at me the other day from behind her iPad. “You’re called Young Adventuress after all.” Er, crap. Don’t you hate it when a 11 year old is right? I’ve done so much traveling over the past six months, I’ve inadvertently split my blogging time [...]
“What’s the most beautiful place you have ever been?” I get asked this question so often, and the answer never gets any easier! How can I pick just one? I am on a constant quest of looking for the most beautiful, little-known places around the world. I see a picture of a place and I [...]
My first introduction to Switzerland in 2008 could not have been more amazing. The plane had yet to land before I fell in love, with my faced shoved up against the round window on the airplane, oohing and ahhing over the misty blue mountains. My best friend N, in Salamanca, Spain, and I booked a [...]
While hanging out in the northern Italian paradise town of Como, I met up with some friends for the day and we decided to rent a car and explore the surrounding lakes. It was a beautiful, clear, warm day, perfect for traveling around and taking in the fake-looking landscape. Also, driving in Europe? A whole [...]
So after my trip up into the snow-capped Alps in central Switzerland, I decided I wanted to see more of the open countryside and quaint villages of the northeastern part of the country, right next to Germany. So I woke up at an ungodly early hour again to hop on a train to Appenzell. I [...]
Where to begin? So much has happened since July and my last post. I am writing now from a cafe in Córdoba, Spain, where I will be living for the next nine months. But before I get ahead of myself, the rest of my summer went pretty well. I finished up my job in Amherst [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- Postcards from Jerash, Jordan May 23, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- Jess: Loved this article! I am heading over to turkey n...
- Michelle: which backpacking backpack do you use? i'm shopp...
- That time I almost got deported (twice) - Young Adventuress: [...] Madrid airport to move home after living in ...
- My Travel Pet Peeves - Young Adventuress: [...] passive-aggressive remarks and comments for ...
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad - Young Adventuress: [...] decisions I’ve ever made, and it has h...