So one thing I’ve noticed about Spain that I really like is that here they love to mix wine and beer with other drinks. One reason why I think they do this is the fact that wine is so cheap here, because of all the vineyards. You can get a decent bottle of wine for [...]
Ok, so this week has been pretty awesome so far! My friend Jen came up from Jerez to visit, and we spent our time exploring the famous patios of Córdoba. Once a year there is a festival where private houses open up their courtyards to the public and compete on who has the most beautiful [...]
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy mother’s day! ¡Feliz día de la madre! The last time I saw my mom was in January before she left for work, and I left Virginia to go see my dad in Maryland. Being away from my family, especially my mom, has been probably the hardest thing this [...]
So basically ever since I moved to Spain in September everyone has been telling me, just wait til May, just wait til May! May in Córdoba is out of control! There is literally a different festival going on for the entire month, actually since the last week of April (Semana Santa). Well, May is here, [...]
First night of Semana Santa near my apartment, domingo de ramos Two weeks ago was Easter in Spain. Now Easter here is rather a big deal. In fact they take a whole week to observe it. This week is called Semana Santa (Holy Week), and no where is it better celebrated than here in Andalucía. [...]
So a few weeks ago I found a new (awesome!) grocery store near my apartment in Córdoba. I live in the old part of the city, so there aren’t that many big stores near me; I had been making do with the small local stores, which are nice but not that great if you need [...]
“Dale limosna, mujer. Que no hay en la vida nada como la pena de ser ciego en Granada.” (“Give him alms, women. For in this life there is nothing so pitiable as to be blind in Granada.”) Truer words were never written. Hands down Granada is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, and [...]
So by the time the second weekend of April rolled around, spring was firmly here in Córdoba, and I was itching for a trip. Granada, perhaps one of the most well-known cities in Spain is only a two and a half hour bus ride to the southeast, and I have been meaning to get down [...]
So the first weekend in April I was in the UK visiting my friend Jo in Brighton and had an AMAZING time! Saturday we took the train into London for the day, met up with some of her friends, and had surprisingly good weather. Since this was probably my fifth or sixth trip to Europe’s [...]
So spring has officially arrived here in Córdoba! Almost every day is sunny and the whole city smells like flowers, with everyone spending time outside and the sun setting after 9pm. It’s almost a paradise. Along with the beautiful weather, spring has also ushered in a strange culinary phenomenon here in Andalucía: the eating of [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013 December 10, 2013
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Bridget @ A Traveling B: Amazing photos - especially the ones of Italy. Tus...
- Bridget @ A Traveling B: Wine festivals are just the best! This one looks p...
- Amanda: Like you said, haters gonna hate. But I love you!!...
- Tyana: Hey Liz i am big fan of your writing skills, i wi...
- gillian: amen, girlfriend! i love this.. i am about to take...
As seen on
Looking for something?
© 2013 Young Adventuress. All Rights Reserved.