I’ve just realized it’s been AGES since I have written about one of my most favoritest places in all of Europe – Switzerland! Switzerland is the bomb.dot.com, sigh, yes I did just write that, but it’s well-deserved. It is just an incredible country, end of story. I’ve definitely waxed poetic about Switzerland in the past. The [...]
Tag Archives | Alps
My first introduction to Switzerland in 2008 could not have been more amazing. The plane had yet to land before I fell in love, with my faced shoved up against the round window on the airplane, oohing and ahhing over the misty blue mountains. My best friend N, in Salamanca, Spain, and I booked a [...]
In January 2008 in the middle of my whirlwind Euro backpacking trip, I crossed over the Italian Alps into Austria for the first time. For not being a skier, I am utterly obsessed with big mountains, which means every time I am remotely close to the Alps, I head up them, whether by walking, driving, [...]
So after all the wonderful wedding events were over, I still had a few days left in Switzerland. I was so happy to finally be there in the summer so that I could really enjoy the lake. C and Y live only a few minutes walk from the water, so I was able to head [...]
The next day I decided to take a day trip to the famous Jungfraujoch in the Bernese Alps. It is the highest railway station in Europe at 3,454 meters (11,332 ft) with an atmospheric research station at the top open to tourists. Basically you get to ride a train to the top of a mountain [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Jenna: I completely agree with everything. In particular,...
- Veronica: What an inspiring post! (as are the rest of our po...
- Josh: Another super post Liz. So pleased to see you had ...
- Liz: Where will you be in Cordoba? I worked in a small ...
- Liz: oh no! I hope you feel better! That sucks, it's d...