One of my favorite regions in Spain is the Basque Country. Seriously beautiful and seriously misrepresented, I feel like this tiny, unique area is often overlooked and skipped on classic Spain itineraries. People are put off by the distance or the fact that it’s just so different from the rest of Spain, being that they [...]
Tag Archives | basque country
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe on the Basque Coast, source, Flickr Creative Commons Spain is such a culturally diverse, vibrant and enthralling country. It often feels like a dozen small countries rolled into one. There is so much to see and do, which is why when people only go to the Big Four (my own invention) [...]
It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
A few weeks ago I found myself in the strange position of having a rental car in Spain! Like most young expats here, I don’t own a car, but I get by just fine with the great public transportation system or with my friends who have pity on my. Luckily, my best friend who’s living [...]
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away” So you are planning a trip to Spain, are you? Or maybe you are even moving here soon? What do you want to see? What do you want to do? Where do you even begin?! Don’t [...]
Hands down, one of my favorite expat bloggers in Spain is none other than Liz of Liz en España. Apart from the fact the fact that she is another blonde, northern Spain blogger named Liz, we have loads in common and are very similar travelers. In fact, she is one of only a few online bloggers I have been lucky [...]
Ok, so it happened guys, I’m officially going native. For the first time I did something that Spanish and European women are famous for doing in the summer. Can you guess? Here’s a hint: it involves a beach and a complete lack of modesty. Yes, that’s right, I went topless in San Sebastián! And the [...]
Source I just got home from visiting my friend Liz in Bilbao (from Liz en España) for the weekend. After reading all about the Basque Country (Pais Vasco) on her blog and hearing about some new pincho bars she’s discovered, I had to see (eat) for myself. We all met up with Lauren of Spanish Sabores who was in town for the weekend [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013 December 10, 2013
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Liz: Blogging has definitely given me a thick skin!...
- Liz: Some hate is well deserved madam...
- Liz: that. is. awesome....
- Liz: HOLY SHIT! That's amazingly terrible!...
- Liz: haha that's a good way to look at it!...