One of my favorite regions in Spain is the Basque Country. Seriously beautiful and seriously misrepresented, I feel like this tiny, unique area is often overlooked and skipped on classic Spain itineraries. People are put off by the distance or the fact that it’s just so different from the rest of Spain, being that they [...]
Tag Archives | basque country
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe on the Basque Coast, source, Flickr Creative Commons Spain is such a culturally diverse, vibrant and enthralling country. It often feels like a dozen small countries rolled into one. There is so much to see and do, which is why when people only go to the Big Four (my own invention) [...]
It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
A few weeks ago I found myself in the strange position of having a rental car in Spain! Like most young expats here, I don’t own a car, but I get by just fine with the great public transportation system or with my friends who have pity on my. Luckily, my best friend who’s living [...]
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away” So you are planning a trip to Spain, are you? Or maybe you are even moving here soon? What do you want to see? What do you want to do? Where do you even begin?! Don’t [...]
Hands down, one of my favorite expat bloggers in Spain is none other than Liz of Liz en España. Apart from the fact the fact that she is another blonde, northern Spain blogger named Liz, we have loads in common and are very similar travelers. In fact, she is one of only a few online bloggers I have been lucky [...]
Ok, so it happened guys, I’m officially going native. For the first time I did something that Spanish and European women are famous for doing in the summer. Can you guess? Here’s a hint: it involves a beach and a complete lack of modesty. Yes, that’s right, I went topless in San Sebastián! And the [...]
Source I just got home from visiting my friend Liz in Bilbao (from Liz en España) for the weekend. After reading all about the Basque Country (Pais Vasco) on her blog and hearing about some new pincho bars she’s discovered, I had to see (eat) for myself. We all met up with Lauren of Spanish Sabores who was in town for the weekend [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Liz: Thanks! That's probably the point I struggle with...
- Liz: took the words right out of my mouth! and thank yo...
- Liz: I love that!...
- Liz: I agree 100%. It's so nice to realize how little ...
- Liz: hahah yes!...