There is so much more to Spain than Madrid, Barcelona, Granada and Sevilla. As much as I love those cities, one major goal of mine on this blog is to showcase all of the lesser-known, often-overlooked gems around the rest of Spain. Over the years I have traveled around most of the Iberian Peninsula, and [...]
Tag Archives | castilla y león
It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
When I first truly fell in love with Spain and traveling was when I studied abroad in Salamanca from 2007-2008. The oldest university in Spain and the third oldest in Europe, Salamanca, is filled with medieval, historical charm. Nestled in the south of Castilla y León, one of the most traditional “Castilian” areas in Spain, [...]
Kaley at the Lago de Sanabria Ok, get excited guys! I am starting (yet another) new project on my blog! The Expat Files. So, my thinking is that Spain is a diverse and rich country in terms of its history, culture, art and geography, (though not so rich in the financial sense of the word-Burn! Sorry, [...]
“Mio Cid Ruy Diaz por Burgos entrava, en su compaña lx. pendones levava. Exien lo ver mugieres e varones, burgeses e burgesas por las finiestras son, plorando de los ojos tanto avien el dolor. De las sus bocas todos dizian una razon” ¡Dios, que buen vassalo! ¡Si oviesse buen señor!” El cantar de mio Cid, [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013 December 10, 2013
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- gillian: amen, girlfriend! i love this.. i am about to take...
- visit: You guys may want to check out this page, they off...
- this video iherb.com coupon: This article is in fact a good one it helps new ne...
- A Cook Not Mad (Nat): I can't wait to get hate mail just to be able to ...
- Liz: Superficiality is a problem in so many places, tha...