There is so much more to Spain than Madrid, Barcelona, Granada and Sevilla. As much as I love those cities, one major goal of mine on this blog is to showcase all of the lesser-known, often-overlooked gems around the rest of Spain. Over the years I have traveled around most of the Iberian Peninsula, and [...]
Tag Archives | cataluña
It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
Some of my favorite blogs are by writers who aren’t native English speakers. I even sift through countless blogs in Swedish, French, and Spanish, of course – I love to see different perspectives on life, love, fashion and travel from around the world. Makes life more interesting. One of my favorite expat travel blogs NOT [...]
“Hi Liz, I’m pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the Travel Blog Villa.” It was an ordinary Monday night in August when my inbox pinged with this email. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! As my mouth fell open in dumb shock, reality soon set in and I [...]
It’s been a while since I’ve offered you guys a new interview with an expat around Spain! This week I thought we’d try something different, and instead of interviewing an American or British expat in Spain, the anonymous Norwegian lady behind New Life in Spain has agreed to participate! As an American expat in Spain, it’s easy [...]
“Colorful. Patriotic. Medieval. And oh yeah, AMAZING food!” This is immediately what pops into my head when I think about Girona, Spain. I traveled out to Cataluña for only the second time a few weeks ago for the TBEX travel blogging conference. For a few days in September, hundreds of travel addicts and blogging nuts [...]
Back a few years ago when I was living in Salamanca, my parents came to visit me over the holidays. While they were here I made my one and only trip (so far) to Barcelona. I don’t know what it was about Barcelona (the long lines, losing expensive tickets, getting pickpocketed or taking forever to [...]
I was just accepted at the Travel Blog House! Now, what is the TBEX travel blog house you might ask? As I was perusing my usual travel blogs a week or so ago, I came across a post from Adventurous Kate. In September the TBEX Europe conference will be held in Girona on the Costa [...]
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away” So you are planning a trip to Spain, are you? Or maybe you are even moving here soon? What do you want to see? What do you want to do? Where do you even begin?! Don’t [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Seeing Peter Jackson in Wellington and the Day All My Dreams Came True November 19, 2013
- Al revés: ¿Que sorprende a los españoles sobre los ingléses? |: […] fijamente en estado de shock a lo que es...
- Sebastian: I can really feel with you in terms of leaving a j...
- Home Page: Thanks a lot for sharing this superb web site....
- 2013: The end of solo female travel? | C'est Christine: […] first press trip in Jordan resulted in f...
- Liz: It was really lovely!...