“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” Jane Austen When I was twelve years old, my sister-in-law gave me a beautifully bound copy of Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, with a handwritten note inside saying how much [...]
Tag Archives | England
Nothing makes me happier than when the leaves begin to change. Shades of gold, red, orange and yellow blanket the ground, crunching under my feet as I would rush off to class in university in Massachusetts or hiking around my parent’s home in Virginia. Without a doubt, autumn is my favorite season. I love fall, [...]
I have a confession. You can’t tell anyone, promise? Ok, here is goes… I’m a BIG dork, a HUGE dork. Not like a secret comic book lover or a fan of calculus, but a fully-fledged, unashamed, out of control nerd. I was a medieval studies major in college, at an all-women’s college, that I went [...]
With all this media attention in the States about Chick-fil-A and LGBT rights, reminds me of a few summers ago when I was living in Madrid and traveling around Europe. On my way home, I stopped in the UK for a few days to visit a good friend in Brighton. Now Brighton is one of [...]
In the summer of 2009, I was living the dream, getting to live in Europe while researching for my senior thesis. On my way over from the States, I decided to stop off in the UK and visit some of the places I had been hoping to get to. The first stop was Bath. Growing [...]
So the first weekend in April I was in the UK visiting my friend Jo in Brighton and had an AMAZING time! Saturday we took the train into London for the day, met up with some of her friends, and had surprisingly good weather. Since this was probably my fifth or sixth trip to Europe’s [...]
Again sorry for the delay in posting. This past few weeks have been crazy, and I have been running around nonstop traveling and working. This weekend I was in Granada, definitely a bid for favorite city in Spain (post coming soon-I promise!), and last Friday was the culmination of our bilingual week at my elementary [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Is Turkey Safe for Women Traveling Alone? April 17, 2013
- OCDemon: I've recently heard "I'm afraid of flying" and...
- varan: hi all i am from istanbul,one american woman wa...
- Why I Didn’t Do the Auxiliares Program | ¡Hola Yessica!: [...] Okay, getting a job abroad is pretty cool, n...
- Destinee: The same thing happened to me when I went to visit...
- Kirstyn: Woah! The two main blogs I follow have collided in...
As seen on
Follow @YoungAdventuress on Instagram!
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/carls20e/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simply-instagram/simply-instagram-functions.php on line 187