Stari Grad, Hvar Island Is everyone in Croatia this summer? Island hopping, driving around the Dalmatian Coast, or doing a yacht week, this is all I see online! I think we can safely say that Croatia is the new Prague of the travel world. I feel so left out stuck here in Spain! Oh wait [...]
Tag Archives | europe travel
In January 2008 in the middle of my whirlwind Euro backpacking trip, I crossed over the Italian Alps into Austria for the first time. For not being a skier, I am utterly obsessed with big mountains, which means every time I am remotely close to the Alps, I head up them, whether by walking, driving, [...]
Deep into my euro backpacking trip in the winter of 2007-2008, I found myself on an evening train from Vienna to Budapest. Getting off the train late at night was an experience in and of itself, and the only other person who got off with me was a tall blonde guy. I made my way [...]
I spent my last day in Italy discovering the quaint little town of Bergamo, east of Milan. Unlike the rest of the week, it was cloudy and chilly, so I had to bundle up for the day. Bergamo is home to one of the smaller Milan airports, so many people just pass through on their [...]
After two days in Milan, enough was enough and I needed to get out of that stinky, polluted deathtrap of a city. So I headed up north to the famous Lago di Como for a few days. Nestled at the foot of the Alps next to Switzerland, apparently Como is a pretty big vacation destination [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Naomi: The biggest thing I've learnt on my travels is to...
- Travel Inspiration of the week (19/2013): [...] If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, S...
- Garrick: Liz, I really enjoy your blog, and couldn't agree...
- Mike: Liz, this is one of my favorite pieces of yours! T...
- Mike: I completely agree Charlie! I'm leaving this fall...