This week’s Expat Files takes us down to sunny, beautiful southern Spain and to one of my favorite cities, Granada. I don’t know about you guys, but I am in dire need of some sunshine, spring, and charm, all of which Granada oozes by the bucketload. Molly has been an expat in Spain for 15 [...]
Tag Archives | expat spain
I have been a long-time reader of Zach’s blog, Not Hemingway’s Spain, as well as being a big believe of what it stood for. There is so much more to Spain that what Hemingway wrote about, i.e. the running of the bulls in Pamplona and visiting places like Ronda. If you like reading profound, thought-provoking [...]
Some of my favorite blogs are by writers who aren’t native English speakers. I even sift through countless blogs in Swedish, French, and Spanish, of course – I love to see different perspectives on life, love, fashion and travel from around the world. Makes life more interesting. One of my favorite expat travel blogs NOT [...]
DAMN, this wind SUCKS! One of my favorite things about living in Spain was speaking Spanish. Blinding flash of the obvious, speaking Spanish in Spain, but I loved every minute of it. I loved ordering breakfast at the cafe around the corning of my apartment. I loved chatting with the bus driver. I loved talking to [...]
Did I mention I am the unluckiest person in Spain, and quite possibly the whole world? Either that or the luckiest. My friends back home in Virginia used to have a running list of “things that would only ever happen to Liz.” And damn, my last six months dealing with the legal system and border [...]
It’s been a while since I’ve offered you guys a new interview with an expat around Spain! This week I thought we’d try something different, and instead of interviewing an American or British expat in Spain, the anonymous Norwegian lady behind New Life in Spain has agreed to participate! As an American expat in Spain, it’s easy [...]
Ok, so you’ve decided to take a leap of faith and move to Spain for a year! It will be an unforgettable year, an experience that will change you for the better, a year you will remember for the rest of your life. And you will not regret it. I promise. But will it be [...]
So you are moving to Spain to teach English for a year, are you? Now that August has arrived, I am sure you are all waiting anxiously for your visas, buying flights and counting down the days til you make the move out to beautiful sunny Spain! At the same time, you might be thinking about all [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Seeing Peter Jackson in Wellington and the Day All My Dreams Came True November 19, 2013
- bostonian shoe company: I know this if off topic but I'm looking into sta...
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! - Young Adventuress: […] already waxed poetic before about how fr...
- Bob: I should have mentioned, my wife and I are spendin...
- Bob: Thank you Liz. Terrific blog. (Though I don't b...
- Mallory: I think all of your pictures are wonderful!!! I'm...