Let me preface by saying that Istanbul is a food lover’s dream. Who would of thought? France, Spain, and Italy are what immediately pop into my head when asked where I’ve experienced the best food while traveling. Well, Turkey tops them all. What a bold statement, I know. Before boarding a red-eye flight to Istanbul [...]
Tag Archives | food
So Spain has always been famous for its nightlife and going-out, very social culture. It is relatively easy to stay out til the sun comes up on the weekends, hanging out with friends in bars and dancing the night away. Don’t get me wrong, this is something I love about Spain, and it is an [...]
If there is one city in the world that has literally everything you could want to eat, it has to be New York City. When I am in the greatest city in the world, I feel like I have to walk two feet before I run into a different restaurant, bar or cafe. It seems [...]
Ok so every so often I get a craving for greasy, bad fast food. I can’t help it. It’s my inner obese American coming out, and I am trapped in a country of skinny waifs who can’t understand my desire for a nice good cheeseburger! In short, Spain isn’t known for their fast food. There [...]
So a few weeks ago I found a new (awesome!) grocery store near my apartment in Córdoba. I live in the old part of the city, so there aren’t that many big stores near me; I had been making do with the small local stores, which are nice but not that great if you need [...]
My first attempt at salmorejo! I think it came out pretty good! So I just made salmorejo for the first time, and it ultimately was a success! Salmorejo is a very traditional dish from Córdoba in Andalucía in southern Spain where I live. It is a cold cream-like soup made from tomatoes, bread, olive oil, [...]
My friend Marie and me enjoying a long lunch in Toledo in 2009 (paella of course!) So in an attempt to continue blogging about cultural differences between the US and Spain, I figured I would go ahead and write about something pretty basic: eating out! Spain has a very big café/restaurant/bar culture. In fact, most [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013 December 10, 2013
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Jennifer: These comments are all ridiculous, i like your sty...
- stephanie: Girl. You rock. I seriously want to do what you'r...
- Liz: I know, I couldn't believe that comment either, t...
- Liz: I love you back and I could never hate you :D...
- Liz: hey thanks :D...
As seen on
Looking for something?
© 2013 Young Adventuress. All Rights Reserved.