There is so much more to Spain than Madrid, Barcelona, Granada and Sevilla. As much as I love those cities, one major goal of mine on this blog is to showcase all of the lesser-known, often-overlooked gems around the rest of Spain. Over the years I have traveled around most of the Iberian Peninsula, and [...]
Tag Archives | galicia
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe on the Basque Coast, source, Flickr Creative Commons Spain is such a culturally diverse, vibrant and enthralling country. It often feels like a dozen small countries rolled into one. There is so much to see and do, which is why when people only go to the Big Four (my own invention) [...]
It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
Perhaps one of the least known regions in Spain is Galicia. Situated in the northwest corner of the Peninsula above Portugal, Galicia is far from, well, anything. Well off the beaten tourist track, unless you are walking there on the battered dirt roads of the Camino de Santiago, Galicia remains one of the few undiscovered, untouched regions in [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Seeing Peter Jackson in Wellington and the Day All My Dreams Came True November 19, 2013
- Al revés: ¿Que sorprende a los españoles sobre los ingléses? |: […] fijamente en estado de shock a lo que es...
- Sebastian: I can really feel with you in terms of leaving a j...
- Home Page: Thanks a lot for sharing this superb web site....
- 2013: The end of solo female travel? | C'est Christine: […] first press trip in Jordan resulted in f...
- Liz: It was really lovely!...