There is so much more to Spain than Madrid, Barcelona, Granada and Sevilla. As much as I love those cities, one major goal of mine on this blog is to showcase all of the lesser-known, often-overlooked gems around the rest of Spain. Over the years I have traveled around most of the Iberian Peninsula, and [...]
Tag Archives | galicia
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe on the Basque Coast, source, Flickr Creative Commons Spain is such a culturally diverse, vibrant and enthralling country. It often feels like a dozen small countries rolled into one. There is so much to see and do, which is why when people only go to the Big Four (my own invention) [...]
It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
Perhaps one of the least known regions in Spain is Galicia. Situated in the northwest corner of the Peninsula above Portugal, Galicia is far from, well, anything. Well off the beaten tourist track, unless you are walking there on the battered dirt roads of the Camino de Santiago, Galicia remains one of the few undiscovered, untouched regions in [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- Postcards from Jerash, Jordan May 23, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- That time I almost got deported (twice) - Young Adventuress: [...] Madrid airport to move home after living in ...
- My Travel Pet Peeves - Young Adventuress: [...] passive-aggressive remarks and comments for ...
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad - Young Adventuress: [...] decisions I’ve ever made, and it has h...
- Ian: I love all these old ruins and the history that go...
- try something short and sweet with this adorable s: Thanks for giving your ideas. The one thing is tha...