DAMN, this wind SUCKS! One of my favorite things about living in Spain was speaking Spanish. Blinding flash of the obvious, speaking Spanish in Spain, but I loved every minute of it. I loved ordering breakfast at the cafe around the corning of my apartment. I loved chatting with the bus driver. I loved talking to [...]
Tag Archives | living abroad
One thing we expats love to do when we get together is talk about all the things we miss about home. Don’t get me wrong, I love living in Spain more than anything in the world, but sometimes when you are in a serious relationship, you just need to get together with your girlfriends and chat [...]
Over the past year I think I have hinted here and there about why I chose to live in Logroño, La Rioja, Spain. Of all the cities on the Iberian Peninsula, why on earth did I pick the one that nobody has ever heard from? Just to be a pain in the ass? With the [...]
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore” Andre Gide No matter how many times I travel abroad or move to another country, the goodbyes don’t get any easier. I am so happy that I have the opportunity to live in Spain, but when I am about [...]
My walk across Córdoba every morning On my last day of school I decided to bring my camera with me to document my walk. Everyday for 8 months, I walked the same route, rain or shine, and I figured I might as well photograph it (since I photograph everything else). For me it serves as [...]
*Warning: this is a long-winded, lengthy post about what I had to do to maintain my residency here in Spain when I decided to renew the auxilares de conversación program for another year. It is not pretty. Ok so here is the DL on trying to renew my residency card. To come to Spain with [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Charlie: For sure, the biggest lesson travel has taught me;...
- 10 Life Lessons I've Learned from Travel - Young Adventuress: [...] I feel like I have had to justify my decisio...
- amelie88: I'd be honored! Ask away! E-mailing is probably e...
- Liz: Not sure I understand your question......
- Liz: It sounds like a better all around deal than the a...