No country has tested my patience quite like Egypt did. It was a balmy 115 degrees in Egypt when we stepped off the overnight train in downtown Luxor. M and I were both very excited to be away from Cairo and to get to see the exotic Egypt of our dreams, the Valley of the [...]
Tag Archives | luxor
After spending several days exploring all the tombs and ancient sites Luxor had to offer, M and I were looking forward to the next leg of our trip: Aswan. I had been looking forward to this stop on our itinerary for a while! I really wanted to rent a felucca to go sailing the Nile! We were [...]
Visiting Egypt nowadays is can be both incredibly rewarding and giant pain in the ass, usually a combination of the two. Trying to pick out the ancient sights to visit on famous Luxor’s West Bank? Even trickier! When I finally plucked up the courage to tell my mother that I was going to Egypt in [...]
“What’s the most beautiful place you have ever been?” I get asked this question so often, and the answer never gets any easier! How can I pick just one? I am on a constant quest of looking for the most beautiful, little-known places around the world. I see a picture of a place and I [...]
After waking up quite literally before the crack of dawn to do a hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings, I was elated but exhausted. Combined with a lovely case of the infamous developing world stomach bug, M and I were certainly a sight to behold! Crawling our way up to the rooftop terrace in Luxor, [...]
“SCREECH! SCREECH! SCREECH” went the alarm at 4am in our pitch-black hotel room in Luxor, Egypt. I jumped straight out of bed in my underwear convinced we were being attacked by arab insurgents (I blame you, mom, for these worries). There is nothing I hate more than being jerked out of sleep by an alarm clock. [...]
Source Whenever I tell people I’ve traveled to Egypt, the most common response I get, after the whole “are you insane?!” part, is what did I think about it? Did I like it? I usually murmur yeah, uh-huh, sure, along with accompanied hand-shake motion in the air that in Spain means más o menos (more or less). [...]
After M and I said goodbye to filthy hot Cairo in April, we hopped on an overnight train down to Luxor, Egypt in the south, an adventure all on its own. Luxor is the place to be in Egypt, since it is where most of the well-known ancient Egyptian sights are located across the Nile [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013 December 10, 2013
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Jessica Wray: I was so happy to see you posted this! Then I read...
- Rachel @ Hippie in Heels: I was SOO excited when i saw this in the bloglovin...
- Liz: I would just be happy if people think lol...
- Liz: I'm pretty disappointed too! I was hoping for som...
- Liz: OMG, don't let it get you down! I used to feel th...