San Juan de Gaztelugatxe on the Basque Coast, source, Flickr Creative Commons Spain is such a culturally diverse, vibrant and enthralling country. It often feels like a dozen small countries rolled into one. There is so much to see and do, which is why when people only go to the Big Four (my own invention) [...]
Tag Archives | northern spain
A few weeks ago I found myself in the strange position of having a rental car in Spain! Like most young expats here, I don’t own a car, but I get by just fine with the great public transportation system or with my friends who have pity on my. Luckily, my best friend who’s living [...]
So I’ve been interviewing various expats in different regions all over Spain for my Expat Files series, and I thought I would share the spotlight in La Rioja with friend and fellow blogger, Rebecca. You guys have heard me go on and on about how much I love La Rioja, where my favorite wineries, pincho [...]
The beautiful Rioja village of Briones in summer The majority of my time in Spain has been spent during the academic year. Blazingly hot in the summer, most sane people flee to the coast to bear out the oppressive heat in July and August. But not me. Not this year. Instead of heading home for [...]
June 29th, 2012, a day that will live in infamy. A day I will never forget. The day where I fought to the death in La Rioja‘s annual Batalla del vino (Wine Battle). Ok, not really, but still, it was an epic, slightly painful, but overall successful and super fun day! So what does a [...]
source In Logroño the variety of pinchos available can be somewhat daunting and overwhelming. With dozens of bars to chose from, where to begin? However, I have always been a half glass full kinda girl, so I prefer to think of it as so many new pinchos to try! You can find everything here, from [...]
Source Slowly the sun began to peek over the tops of buildings and the sky grew from black to dark blue in the early hours of the morning. Thousands of people dressed in white and red are sobering up and loitering around the old quarter of Pamplona for the last day of San Fermín, waiting [...]
Perhaps one of the least known regions in Spain is Galicia. Situated in the northwest corner of the Peninsula above Portugal, Galicia is far from, well, anything. Well off the beaten tourist track, unless you are walking there on the battered dirt roads of the Camino de Santiago, Galicia remains one of the few undiscovered, untouched regions in [...]
Over the past year I think I have hinted here and there about why I chose to live in Logroño, La Rioja, Spain. Of all the cities on the Iberian Peninsula, why on earth did I pick the one that nobody has ever heard from? Just to be a pain in the ass? With the [...]
The same day that C, J and I visited Mansilla, we drove around many other places in La Rioja. I was particularily excited because it was when all the leaves were beginning to change, so I got to see a colorful countryside. On our way to Mansilla in the morning, we stopped for coffee at [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- Postcards from Jerash, Jordan May 23, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- Jess: Loved this article! I am heading over to turkey n...
- Michelle: which backpacking backpack do you use? i'm shopp...
- That time I almost got deported (twice) - Young Adventuress: [...] Madrid airport to move home after living in ...
- My Travel Pet Peeves - Young Adventuress: [...] passive-aggressive remarks and comments for ...
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad - Young Adventuress: [...] decisions I’ve ever made, and it has h...