Winter has dug it’s ugly claws into Washington D.C. and it just will not let go. Just this week I woke up to a blanket of white snow outside my window. As much as I love the glow of freshly fallen snow outside my window, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! It’s almost April! NO MORE, PLEASE! Spring [...]
Tag Archives | paris
Is there a city quite as impressive and daunting as Paris? Planning a trip to the city of light can be challenging, especially when it comes to finding a place to stay. With 20 neighborhoods (arrondissements) to chose from, looking for accommodation can be terrifying, at least it was for me last spring when I was planning a 5 [...]
You know what? Versailles really gets on my nerves. I want to love it. Really, I do. There is enough history, legend and art there to titilate even the most apathetic of travelers. It’s vast, with sweeping grounds that go on forever with enough tricked out bedrooms and glitzy salons to remind us that the [...]
Paris and I are not on good terms. Have you ever been to a place you’ve been dying to go to and nothing has gone right? Twice I have made the journey to the City of Light and twice I have been left wanting. Both trips were quick and jam packed with trying to squeeze [...]
Looking for a great day trip from Paris? Head out to Giverny, France and to Monet’s house and gardens. This past spring I planned a week-long trip to Paris with one of my best friends from college. I had been to the city of light two times before, and, to be honest, it sucked. I [...]
This is the first time I am partaking in a blogging contest, not my thing, but once I saw the rules (and the prizes) for Capture the Colour Contest, I couldn’t resist! It is being hosted by Travel Supermarket, and you have to write a post with 5 photos, each best representing or embodying a [...]
Exactly one month ago I was in Paris for a week with one of my best friends from college. And it’ll probably be another month before I get full detailed posts up about my adventures in the City of Light. I mean, I still have a bunch of Egypt posts to upload for you guys. [...]
As we speak, I am in Paris on holiday. This is my third trip here, and I am really hoping we are going to finally hit it off. Paris and I have not gotten along together in the past. My last trip here was not so awesome. I hopped over for a quick weekend from [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Leanne: SO beyond inspiring, Liz. You are a gem. My mind i...
- Best Travel Blog Posts | Week 7 | TBU Book of Travel Bloggers: […] for this week, I am a self-confessed Ins...
- Lizzy: Hi, the map of Spain made me laugh. You're right...
- Amanda: I love all of this! What are you doing for work in...
- Reminiscing about Madrid | sunshine and olive adventures: […] a Comenius assistant. I have looked at B...