Honestly, I feel like this title could be a name for an OPI nail polish. Whoever is in charge of coming up with the color names, I want to BE you (OPI marketing team; are you listening? I would be so good at this job!) Sidetracked. Sorry. So three years ago today (ok, last week) [...]
Tag Archives | Peru
Ollantaytambo, Peru: an amazing alternative to Machu Picchu! So it’s been way too long since I’ve uploaded a post onto my Photo Friday series! Bad blogger, I know. Looking back, I realized I’ve posted a lot of photos from Europe, where I spent most of my time. I need to expand my horizons! Why hadn’t I [...]
“What’s the most beautiful place you have ever been?” I get asked this question so often, and the answer never gets any easier! How can I pick just one? I am on a constant quest of looking for the most beautiful, little-known places around the world. I see a picture of a place and I [...]
This is the first time I am partaking in a blogging contest, not my thing, but once I saw the rules (and the prizes) for Capture the Colour Contest, I couldn’t resist! It is being hosted by Travel Supermarket, and you have to write a post with 5 photos, each best representing or embodying a [...]
After hopping on the overnight bus in Cuzco heading southwest towards Nazca, we popped our sleeping pills, watched some American movies dubbed in Spanish, and fell asleep. This was hands-down the most winding bus ride I have ever been on. I was super nauseous before falling asleep. I can remember waking up in the middle [...]
So perhaps you all are waiting to hear about how cool it was to see Machu Picchu. Well I hear its pretty awesome. Unfortunately, we didn’t have the chance to go because in January (about one week after we bought our flights) there was a massive mudslide that knocked out the train tracks to the [...]
From Huaraz we took a an overnight bus ride back down to Lima; it was much faster going down at night, especially because we were able to have big comfy seats and sleep for most of it. Before leaving we were able to pick up some sort of herbal sleeping pills that had catnip in [...]
“Going to Peru is, well, if you ever have an opportunity in your life to go there, you should do it because it is absolutely mind boggling.” Dean Stockewell When people ask me how my spring break trip to Peru went, this quote always seems to pop into my mind because it is so completely [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Seeing Peter Jackson in Wellington and the Day All My Dreams Came True November 19, 2013
- The Do’s and Don’ts of an Iceland Road Trip November 14, 2013
- Mallory: I think all of your pictures are wonderful!!! I'm...
- Liz: shoot me an email liz @ youngadventuress dot com a...
- Liz: Let me know when you get to New Zealand! I am in W...
- Liz: Snapseed rocks!!!...
- Maclean: Ohhhh boyyyy. So I've been reading a lot of your ...