If Spain knows how to do one thing well, it’s sandwiches. There are so many types and varieties of sandwiches to be found in Spain, I can’t even begin to name them all. Bocadillos, bocata, un sandwich, montaditos and bocatitas are just to name a few. Spain keeps it simple when it comes to sandwiches, [...]
Tag Archives | pincho
source In Logroño the variety of pinchos available can be somewhat daunting and overwhelming. With dozens of bars to chose from, where to begin? However, I have always been a half glass full kinda girl, so I prefer to think of it as so many new pinchos to try! You can find everything here, from [...]
Just as I like to feature guest writers on my blog in my weekly “Expat Files” series, I also like to feature the occasional guest “Pincho of the Week” that I try when traveling outside of Logroño. I few weeks ago I was in Bilbao visiting the lovely Liz of Liz en España, when I [...]
I had been hearing for a while about a little bar in Logroño that serves up a kangaroo pincho. Um, what? I didn’t even know you could eat that! I am a strong believer in trying anything once, and coming from a family of chefs, there are few foods that freak me out. I’ve eaten weird [...]
Source I just got home from visiting my friend Liz in Bilbao (from Liz en España) for the weekend. After reading all about the Basque Country (Pais Vasco) on her blog and hearing about some new pincho bars she’s discovered, I had to see (eat) for myself. We all met up with Lauren of Spanish Sabores who was in town for the weekend [...]
Last Friday was a bright and sunny day here in Logroño, so my friend C and I decided to break with tradition and go out for pinchos for lunch instead of dinner. After grabbing some of our go-to pinchos, we decided to try something new. We walked a away from Laurel to the end of [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Is Turkey Safe for Women Traveling Alone? April 17, 2013
- Farnoosh: Hi Liz, we are now in Istanbul and the owners of t...
- Kat: Love this article :D Seriously, I have read it abo...
- Amanda: I am planning on traveling alone to Istanbul this ...
- Liz: Thanks Kendra!...
- Liz: Thanks Valorie! I was just in Jordan and I leave a...