When I first truly fell in love with Spain and traveling was when I studied abroad in Salamanca from 2007-2008. The oldest university in Spain and the third oldest in Europe, Salamanca, is filled with medieval, historical charm. Nestled in the south of Castilla y León, one of the most traditional “Castilian” areas in Spain, [...]
Tag Archives | Salamanca
Kaley at the Lago de Sanabria Ok, get excited guys! I am starting (yet another) new project on my blog! The Expat Files. So, my thinking is that Spain is a diverse and rich country in terms of its history, culture, art and geography, (though not so rich in the financial sense of the word-Burn! Sorry, [...]
Over the past year I think I have hinted here and there about why I chose to live in Logroño, La Rioja, Spain. Of all the cities on the Iberian Peninsula, why on earth did I pick the one that nobody has ever heard from? Just to be a pain in the ass? With the [...]
Student’s New Year’s Eve in Salamanca, where I studied abroad in 2007-08 What to do on New Year’s Eve? Always a big question this time of year. Last year I rang in the New Year in NYC, freezing my butt off and slipping around on the ice in beautiful, but impractical high heels. 2 years [...]
So this weekend was yet again another five day holiday weekend (called a puente=bridge) because Monday was Día de Andalucía-I swear to god no one works in this country. So I decided to leave Andalucía and head up to Castilla y León in the north with my roommate, Lucía. I was dying to go back [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Naomi: The biggest thing I've learnt on my travels is to...
- Travel Inspiration of the week (19/2013): [...] If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, S...
- Garrick: Liz, I really enjoy your blog, and couldn't agree...
- Mike: Liz, this is one of my favorite pieces of yours! T...
- Mike: I completely agree Charlie! I'm leaving this fall...