When I first truly fell in love with Spain and traveling was when I studied abroad in Salamanca from 2007-2008. The oldest university in Spain and the third oldest in Europe, Salamanca, is filled with medieval, historical charm. Nestled in the south of Castilla y León, one of the most traditional “Castilian” areas in Spain, [...]
Tag Archives | Salamanca
Kaley at the Lago de Sanabria Ok, get excited guys! I am starting (yet another) new project on my blog! The Expat Files. So, my thinking is that Spain is a diverse and rich country in terms of its history, culture, art and geography, (though not so rich in the financial sense of the word-Burn! Sorry, [...]
Over the past year I think I have hinted here and there about why I chose to live in Logroño, La Rioja, Spain. Of all the cities on the Iberian Peninsula, why on earth did I pick the one that nobody has ever heard from? Just to be a pain in the ass? With the [...]
Student’s New Year’s Eve in Salamanca, where I studied abroad in 2007-08 What to do on New Year’s Eve? Always a big question this time of year. Last year I rang in the New Year in NYC, freezing my butt off and slipping around on the ice in beautiful, but impractical high heels. 2 years [...]
So this weekend was yet again another five day holiday weekend (called a puente=bridge) because Monday was Día de Andalucía-I swear to god no one works in this country. So I decided to leave Andalucía and head up to Castilla y León in the north with my roommate, Lucía. I was dying to go back [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- Seeing Peter Jackson in Wellington and the Day All My Dreams Came True November 19, 2013
- Al revés: ¿Que sorprende a los españoles sobre los ingléses? |: […] fijamente en estado de shock a lo que es...
- Sebastian: I can really feel with you in terms of leaving a j...
- Home Page: Thanks a lot for sharing this superb web site....
- 2013: The end of solo female travel? | C'est Christine: […] first press trip in Jordan resulted in f...
- Liz: It was really lovely!...