It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
Tag Archives | the canary islands
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away” So you are planning a trip to Spain, are you? Or maybe you are even moving here soon? What do you want to see? What do you want to do? Where do you even begin?! Don’t [...]
On my last day in Lanzarote, I decided to save the best for last and visit the beach that inspired my trip there. When I was deciding on what island to go to, I google imaged each one to see what they looked like. And when Lanzarote popped up on my screen, I squealed like [...]
My second full day in Lanzarote was just as jam-packed as my first. It was a bit overcast when I woke up, but it burned off by mid-morning. I decided to check out the famous Sunday market in Teguise, the old capital and located smack dab in the center of the island. It gets going [...]
My first day in Lanzarote was just incredible. After scarfing down an enormous English breakfast and picking up my convertible for the weekend (oh yeah!) all I wanted to do was drive around with the top down, especially since I hadn’t driven a car since September! I decided to head up north since it was [...]
I am not a big vacation resort traveler. When I get the time off from work, I love to have a jam-packed, adventure-filled vacation, seeing as many new places as possible. I generally dislike destinations catered to tourists, where people automatically address you in three different languages and serve only foreign food. However, as the [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- Postcards from Jerash, Jordan May 23, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- That time I almost got deported (twice) - Young Adventuress: [...] Madrid airport to move home after living in ...
- My Travel Pet Peeves - Young Adventuress: [...] passive-aggressive remarks and comments for ...
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad - Young Adventuress: [...] decisions I’ve ever made, and it has h...
- Ian: I love all these old ruins and the history that go...
- try something short and sweet with this adorable s: Thanks for giving your ideas. The one thing is tha...