It’s that time of year again. The applications are about to open for the auxiliar de conversación teaching English in Spain program that I’ve done for the past two years. Let the mayhem commence! With many many posts on here about being an auxiliar, from tips and tricks, to expat stories, to travel and tapas [...]
Tag Archives | the canary islands
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away” So you are planning a trip to Spain, are you? Or maybe you are even moving here soon? What do you want to see? What do you want to do? Where do you even begin?! Don’t [...]
On my last day in Lanzarote, I decided to save the best for last and visit the beach that inspired my trip there. When I was deciding on what island to go to, I google imaged each one to see what they looked like. And when Lanzarote popped up on my screen, I squealed like [...]
My second full day in Lanzarote was just as jam-packed as my first. It was a bit overcast when I woke up, but it burned off by mid-morning. I decided to check out the famous Sunday market in Teguise, the old capital and located smack dab in the center of the island. It gets going [...]
My first day in Lanzarote was just incredible. After scarfing down an enormous English breakfast and picking up my convertible for the weekend (oh yeah!) all I wanted to do was drive around with the top down, especially since I hadn’t driven a car since September! I decided to head up north since it was [...]
I am not a big vacation resort traveler. When I get the time off from work, I love to have a jam-packed, adventure-filled vacation, seeing as many new places as possible. I generally dislike destinations catered to tourists, where people automatically address you in three different languages and serve only foreign food. However, as the [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- The Story of Matera November 24, 2013
- SnarkyNomad: I did the exact same thing, and it was just fine. ...
- Lauren Rios: Hi, I'm very interested in applying in applying t...
- Liz: yeah I really enjoyed Egypt when it was empty. Suc...
- Liz: thanks! I am really hoping to get back to Turkey t...
- Liz: EXACTLY! Turkey is just beautiful! I love it there...