Sunset over Lanzarote, Spain in the Canary Islands Over the years, I’ve found I do some of my best thinking when I’m traveling. Away from the hustle and bustle of life back home, between checking my phone for texts and being pushed to “succeed”, I find that I can relax and philosophize. While traveling, it’s [...]
Tag Archives | travel
Subtlety has never been my strong suit. Clearly writing normal-length blog posts also eludes me (this one’s a doozy, sorry in advance). Little known fact about me, I LOVE pep talks! I hate getting them, but I love giving them. Prepare to be pepped. There is just something about me that makes people want to [...]
After six years of pretty consistent travel around the world, I have begun to notice some alarming trends among my fellow travel comrades, trends that annoy the crap out of me. Some of them are fairly obvious while others are probably my own little quirks that bother me when I’m traveling. Presenting, my five biggest [...]
As 2013 is getting going, somehow I manage to still be stuck back in 2012. In fact, I’m so entrenched in this past year have written “2012″ on several important files, orders, and claims at work this week to the complete chagrin of my boss and the company CEO who reviews my work. Damnit. Why [...]
Source Exactly one month ago I found myself in a curious situation in Terminal 1 of the Madrid airport. Sweating in my heaviest winter clothes and carrying way too many carry-on bags, I was standing in the security line when I wondered, did I just bribe an airline worker? Rewind 24hrs. I had just gotten off [...]
“What’s the most beautiful place you have ever been?” I get asked this question so often, and the answer never gets any easier! How can I pick just one? I am on a constant quest of looking for the most beautiful, little-known places around the world. I see a picture of a place and I [...]
So I’ve been interviewing various expats in different regions all over Spain for my Expat Files series, and I thought I would share the spotlight in La Rioja with friend and fellow blogger, Rebecca. You guys have heard me go on and on about how much I love La Rioja, where my favorite wineries, pincho [...]
The beautiful Rioja village of Briones in summer The majority of my time in Spain has been spent during the academic year. Blazingly hot in the summer, most sane people flee to the coast to bear out the oppressive heat in July and August. But not me. Not this year. Instead of heading home for [...]
This is the first time I am partaking in a blogging contest, not my thing, but once I saw the rules (and the prizes) for Capture the Colour Contest, I couldn’t resist! It is being hosted by Travel Supermarket, and you have to write a post with 5 photos, each best representing or embodying a [...]
One thing we expats love to do when we get together is talk about all the things we miss about home. Don’t get me wrong, I love living in Spain more than anything in the world, but sometimes when you are in a serious relationship, you just need to get together with your girlfriends and chat [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, Spain April 19, 2013
- Travel Inspiration of the week (19/2013): [...] If You Go Anywhere in May, Go to Córdoba, S...
- Garrick: Liz, I really enjoy your blog, and couldn't agree...
- Mike: Liz, this is one of my favorite pieces of yours! T...
- Mike: I completely agree Charlie! I'm leaving this fall...
- 10 Life Lessons I've Learned from Travel - Young Adventuress: [...] are the best hate comments I’ve ever g...