In the beginning of last summer, riled up by all my problems with Spanish bureaucracy, I wrote a post entitled 12 things I miss about America. Little did I know I hit on such a hot and controversial issue! Fights were breaking out in the comment section and on twitter about touchy topics like to-go coffee [...]
Tag Archives | USA
Nothing makes me happier than when the leaves begin to change. Shades of gold, red, orange and yellow blanket the ground, crunching under my feet as I would rush off to class in university in Massachusetts or hiking around my parent’s home in Virginia. Without a doubt, autumn is my favorite season. I love fall, [...]
One thing we expats love to do when we get together is talk about all the things we miss about home. Don’t get me wrong, I love living in Spain more than anything in the world, but sometimes when you are in a serious relationship, you just need to get together with your girlfriends and chat [...]
“Let us not measure our sorrow by their worth, for then it will have no end.” Macbeth I’ve never considered myself to be particularly patriotic; I spend as much time living outside of the United States as I do within, and I spend as much time grumbling about our government as I do about Spain’s. [...]
“It couldn’t have happened anywhere but in little old New York.” O. Henry I am a huge NYC fan even though I don’t live there. Yet. There is just something about that noisy, filthy city that tugs at my heart. I go there as often as I can when I am in the States. I [...]
As the fall lingered on, I realized just how homesick I really was. I worked such long hours this summer, and I left the states for Europe in such a hurry, I felt I hadn’t properly said goodbye or even packed. So a Christmas present, my parents decided to fly me back home for the [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013 December 10, 2013
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Gerald: Hater ALERT: Out of the 4 top things to do before ...
- Anna-Claire Gibson: I did the exact same thing and went to Turkey exac...
- Adelina @ PackMeTo: Haha I love it! I've gotten some not so nice comm...
- Anna-Claire Gibson: I thought the same thing about Athens - was not ex...
- Neil Gratton: Number 1 sounds bitter and jealous. It's obvious...