How small of a world do we live in? After years of traveling anywhere and everywhere, I’ve realized six degrees of separation is more fact than fiction, and at this point, I shouldn’t be surprised anymore by coincidences with strangers. Living in a digital age has enabled us to better connect more than ever, and [...]
Archive | Jordan RSS feed for this section
Sometimes life hands you a trip to Jordan (wahooo!) and sometimes life throws you off a camel in the middle of the desert in Jordan (oh crap!) Travel isn’t always rainbows and unicorns. As much as travel bloggers love to paint the world as a technicolor bomb of beauty, friendship, and once-in-a-lifetime-experiences, let’s be honest here, shit happens. [...]
When I was growing up, I was quite a feral child. Running around from one imaginary adventure to another in the otherworldly forest that was my backyard, I always had to be dragged inside for dinner with twigs in my hair and mud on my knees. And let’s not even talk about bath time. Spending [...]
The sun had already risen hot and bright by the time I crawled out from underneath my mosquito net in the Dana Biosphere Reserve in Jordan. Yawning, I began to dress, reminiscing about the night before and mildly regretting not diving into bed a few hours sooner. After watching the sunset while drinking tea with the local [...]
If I had to chose the one thing I love the most about the Middle East (besides the food), I would have to go with the great depth of history to be found there. Few places in the world can boast of having such well-preserved historic monuments and such well-known historic sites as the Middle [...]
Is there anything more poignant, more meaningful, more memorable than witnessing an epic sunset while traveling? Nope, don’t think so. Ok, so I kinda have a thing for sunsets, but still, after a long day of travel and exploring new places and spaces, I love nothing more than watching the afternoon come to a close [...]
Wadi Rum, image Mohammad Asfour It has literally taken all my self-control to scream out this news to the world, but I can’t hold it in any longer; I’m going to Jordan! For the curious minded, Jordan is in the Middle East, next to Israel, underneath Syria, and to the left of Saudia Arabia. In case [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013 December 10, 2013
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- gillian: amen, girlfriend! i love this.. i am about to take...
- visit: You guys may want to check out this page, they off...
- this video iherb.com coupon: This article is in fact a good one it helps new ne...
- A Cook Not Mad (Nat): I can't wait to get hate mail just to be able to ...
- Liz: Superficiality is a problem in so many places, tha...