I’m going to go out on a limb here and make a bold statement; every inch of Greece is beautiful – and not just your regular run of the mill beautiful, I’m talking jaw-droppingly, wow-inducing, mind-blowingly beautiful. How many other countries can say that? Of my two weeks in Greece this summer, I was not [...]
Once upon a time there was a monastery nestled among the jurassic green hills of southern Iceland. Nearby was the impressive Mýrdalsjökull Glacier (try saying that five times fast), a mountain of ice looming over the south coast of this unforgiving land. Run by a friendly abbot, the monastery thrived with villagers and locals coming to [...]
I can hardly believe that it’s been over a month since I stepped off the plane in Auckland. Well a month and a half now as I’m back in Europe for work and my poor blog took a backburner for a week. My bad. It’s been 30 days of ups and downs, highs and lows, everything [...]
Everyone dreams about Tuscany, right? Or is it just me? While I’ve spent a lot of time traveling around Italy over the years, I always put off visiting Tuscany. Once I even canceled a trip there. Why? Because for me, and what I suspect for a lot of you, Tuscany represents the ultimate Italian experience. [...]
When I jumped feet first into the big, bad scary world of travel blogging a year ago, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Though I had been internet writing for over two years, I had interacted very little with what I soon would discover is a whole ‘nother universe of people [...]
At the risk of sounding like a massive tool, I am going to start off this post with one of my favorite quotes about Italy, you know, because there are so many to chose from. “A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority, from his not having seen what [...]
When I was growing up, I was quite a feral child. Running around from one imaginary adventure to another in the otherworldly forest that was my backyard, I always had to be dragged inside for dinner with twigs in my hair and mud on my knees. And let’s not even talk about bath time. Spending [...]
“I am sure my sisters must all envy me. I only hope they may have half my good luck. They must all go to Brighton. That is the place to get husbands.” Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice I’m gonna let you guys in on a little secret; times have changed. Nowadays, Brighton is NOT the [...]
Greetings from New Zealand! It has now been 10 days since I bid farewell to America – the land of Starbucks and burgers – and journeyed halfway round the world to New Zealand, where they also have Starbucks and burgers. Maybe this transition won’t be so hard after all. For any newcomers here who have [...]
I’m just going to go ahead and make a bold statement. I hate planes. I fucking hate them. I hate airports. I hate people who work in airports (TSA agents I’m looking at you). I hate the hassle of airports. Why we just can’t apparate from point A to B by now is beyond me. [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Brilliant Beaches And Stunning Sunshine In Lanzarote November 26, 2013
- Natalie: I agree, Turkey is just as great in the winter if ...
- SnarkyNomad: I did the exact same thing, and it was just fine. ...
- Lauren Rios: Hi, I'm very interested in applying in applying t...
- Liz: yeah I really enjoyed Egypt when it was empty. Suc...
- Liz: thanks! I am really hoping to get back to Turkey t...