The theme of this week’s Pincho of the Week is quail eggs, yum yum. I am going to be perfectly honest here, I don’t think I have ever eaten quail eggs before coming to Logroño. Quails, yes, but their eggs, nope. Bar Samaray on the San Juan pincho street in Logroño loves them so much they put them on all their pinchos! I discovered this hole in the wall bar a few weeks ago, and I have already been back twice! Let’s be honest, throwing an egg on a pincho just adds a little something to it, and what better than a miniature egg on a bite-sized meal? Europeans love to throw fried eggs on random dishes, like pizza, burgers, and pasta, so why not on a pincho? Bar Samaray has a lot of egg-pinchos to chose from but my two favorites have to the boletus mushroom and caramelized onions (huevo de codorniz, boletus y cebolla confitada) and the other is with chorizo sausage (huevo de codorniz y chorizo). The only thing that would have made them better if there was fancy cheese on top. But then again, I have to remember that not everyone is obsessed with cheese as I am.
Pincho of the Week: Quail Eggs
Who is Young Adventuress?
Hi, I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 9 years and 30 something countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. I've been living in Spain for the past few years but now I am about to embark on a new journey across the globe. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world
- YOUNG ADVENTURESS IS MOVING TO NEW ZEALAND!!! May 28, 2013
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 12, 2013
- ONA around the World + Giveaway November 12, 2013
- 5 Things No One Tells You about Moving Abroad March 27, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- Don’t Underestimate Turkey in Winter December 8, 2013
- Raise a Glass to Toast Martinborough! December 4, 2013
- Autumn Instagram Update December 1, 2013
- 5 Myths about Adventure Travel November 27, 2013
- Brilliant Beaches And Stunning Sunshine In Lanzarote November 26, 2013
- Trevor Huxham: Off-season travel pretty much comes with the terri...
- Megan: I visited Andalusian Spain over the week of Thanks...
- Emma: Hi Liz! I LOVE this post! I'm currently living...
- Don't Underestimate Turkey in Winter - Young Adventuress: […] can hardly believe that 10 months have g...
- Tivi: Hola! I am planning to visit northern Spain dur...