Photo Friday: Paris

montmartre, paris

As we speak, I am in Paris on holiday. This is my third trip here, and I am really hoping we are going to finally hit it off. Paris and I have not gotten along together in the past. My last trip here was not so awesome. I hopped over for a quick weekend from Spain in 2007 only to find the entire city on a public transportation strike. No buses, no metro, no taxis. Just me and my own two feet which were in so much pain by the end of the trip from having to walk everywhere. My favorite and least favorite part of that weekend was getting to stay in Montmartre in the north of the city. I woke up on Saturday morning to a beautiful sunrise over the city.

Now M and I are back in our hotel room because I had to change my boots since my zipper broke on top of Notre Dame. The zipper broke on my favorite leather boots while on top of a cathedral! Can you believe it? Only to me! Luckily there was a little office up there and the guards let me borrow some tape while they laughed their asses off at me. Come on Paris! Cut me a break!

Have you ever been to Paris? What is your favorite view of the city? Can you recommend to me a cheap place where I can buy some new boots or a place that fixes shoes fast? Help me out!

, ,

8 Responses to Photo Friday: Paris

1. Vanessa April 27, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

i feel you! I went to Paris twice, and we didnt hit it off either time. I’d like t go back and give her one last chance! bummer about the boots :( Major tragedy if you ask me.

2. Nancy Todd April 28, 2012 at 5:48 am #

Taps sounds like a plan for the boots and you will be a fashionista in Paris! I love the bateau mouche at night on the Seine for great views of Paris. Have fun!

3. brittynic April 28, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

So glad to see that there are people who are willing to give Paris a second shot! I’ve heard too many stories of people having one rude waiter and then hating the city! You’ve already found my favorite lookout point, the steps of sacre coeur! Have you been at sunset on the weekend? So magical! Grab some vin chaud and head to the steps to join the crowd and listen to live music! It shouldn’t be raining tomorrow around sunset (9 pm). Maybe I’ll see you there! ;)

• Liz May 3, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

Third time was the charm! I completely fell in love with Paris this time, in spite of my poor boots! We hung out on the steps of the Sacre Coeur on Monday night as the sun set, eating macarons. it was all kinds of magical. I guess since tuesday was a holida,y monday was kind of like a weekend night! lots of people and music. do you live in paris?

4. expatedna.com April 29, 2012 at 6:32 am #

I love that sunrise from Montmartre! I also love the view from the Pompidou and the Trocadero (which is near where I live — sunrise there is pretty magical too!). If you walk around the smaller neighborhoods you’re bound to pass by a cobbler’s shop that could fix your boot. Good luck and hope you hit it off with Paris this time!

5. Camila Maria May 3, 2012 at 12:07 am #

This is a beautiful photo!!!! I have caught a few magical sunrises, rainbows and the like right here in Galicia! I caught a few nice views from the Sacre Coeur in Paris too :) I hope to return as you did, mine was a quick weekend trip February 2012.
    I have had a few shoes that I bought here in Spain fall apart. Once a pair of sandals, while walking through Valencia, it just gave through (the heels) and I had to use my Mom to help me balance, and then we bought some flip flops to go the rest of the way, I was slipping all over the place. Another time, I bought these REALLY cute boots, something that I could escape wearing rainboots all the time but still protect my feet (and the bottoms of my pants) …and one day..I’m limping….the shoes are messed up!!! The heels again!!!!!! Ugh…I relaly need to pick out better quality shoes….and balance out how much I go walking!!!

6. Camila Maria May 3, 2012 at 12:08 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

7. Cheap Flights to Cairo May 28, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Travelling to me is no joke. I am serious in spending the money from my hard work.