No country has tested my patience quite like Egypt did. It was a balmy 115 degrees in Egypt when we stepped off the overnight train in downtown Luxor. M and I were both very excited to be away from Cairo and to get to see the exotic Egypt of our dreams, the Valley of the [...]
Archive | Egypt RSS feed for this section
After spending several days exploring all the tombs and ancient sites Luxor had to offer, M and I were looking forward to the next leg of our trip: Aswan. I had been looking forward to this stop on our itinerary for a while! I really wanted to rent a felucca to go sailing the Nile! We were [...]
Visiting Egypt nowadays is can be both incredibly rewarding and giant pain in the ass, usually a combination of the two. Trying to pick out the ancient sights to visit on famous Luxor’s West Bank? Even trickier! When I finally plucked up the courage to tell my mother that I was going to Egypt in [...]
“What’s the most beautiful place you have ever been?” I get asked this question so often, and the answer never gets any easier! How can I pick just one? I am on a constant quest of looking for the most beautiful, little-known places around the world. I see a picture of a place and I [...]
This is the first time I am partaking in a blogging contest, not my thing, but once I saw the rules (and the prizes) for Capture the Colour Contest, I couldn’t resist! It is being hosted by Travel Supermarket, and you have to write a post with 5 photos, each best representing or embodying a [...]
After waking up quite literally before the crack of dawn to do a hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings, I was elated but exhausted. Combined with a lovely case of the infamous developing world stomach bug, M and I were certainly a sight to behold! Crawling our way up to the rooftop terrace in Luxor, [...]
“SCREECH! SCREECH! SCREECH” went the alarm at 4am in our pitch-black hotel room in Luxor, Egypt. I jumped straight out of bed in my underwear convinced we were being attacked by arab insurgents (I blame you, mom, for these worries). There is nothing I hate more than being jerked out of sleep by an alarm clock. [...]
Source Whenever I tell people I’ve traveled to Egypt, the most common response I get, after the whole “are you insane?!” part, is what did I think about it? Did I like it? I usually murmur yeah, uh-huh, sure, along with accompanied hand-shake motion in the air that in Spain means más o menos (more or less). [...]
After M and I said goodbye to filthy hot Cairo in April, we hopped on an overnight train down to Luxor, Egypt in the south, an adventure all on its own. Luxor is the place to be in Egypt, since it is where most of the well-known ancient Egyptian sights are located across the Nile [...]
After spending a long hot morning riding camels in the sun around the pyramids in Giza, we decided to check out some of the lesser known tourist sites outside Cairo, including Saqqara. For around 25 euros a day, we hired a private taxi driver in Cairo to drive us around to the sites outside the [...]
Who is Young Adventuress?
I'm Liz, and I got my first taste for traveling and Spain when I was 16 years old. On my own, 8 years and 25 countries later, my wanderlust has only grown and the list of countries I want to visit longer. Nowadays I call Logroño, Spain my home, where I split my time between teaching English, writing and traveling. Follow my adventures as I wander, eat, and photograph my way around the world.
Follow by email!
- Today I Quit My Job to Travel the World April 10, 2013
- Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain November 27, 2012
- How Blogging Saved Me February 12, 2013
- No More Excuses! Go Abroad Now! March 13, 2013
- Haters Gonna Hate: 10 Best Hate Comments I’ve Ever Gotten January 15, 2013
- Postcards from Jerash, Jordan May 23, 2013
- 10 Life Lessons Travel Has Taught Me May 21, 2013
- Everything You Need to Know about Teaching English in Spain with BEDA May 16, 2013
- 5 Sunset Stories from Jordan May 14, 2013
- Recortadores: A Nonviolent Alternative to Bullfighting in Spain April 23, 2013
- Liz: Same thing with the US haha. I really miss the his...
- Liz: You will be totally fine! Have a good trip! I ha...
- Liz: I don't remember the exact name but I know it's ...
- Jess: Loved this article! I am heading over to turkey n...
- Michelle: which backpacking backpack do you use? i'm shopp...