13 Best Hate Comments of 2013

hate comments

Ahhh, it’s that time of year again. 2013 is coming to a close, prepare yourselves to be flooded with tons of redundant round-up blog posts.

13 Best Photos from 2013 - 13 Best Travel Moments from 2013 - 2013 in Highlights – (or my personal favorite) 13 Amazing, Free Trips I Took as a “Professional” Travel Blogger in 2013 That None of You Could Ever Afford, Suckas!

Sound about right?

God, gag me.

hate comments

I know what you’re thinking, pot calling the kettle black much, right? While 2013 might have been the best year for me to date in terms of travel, I am not the kind of person who needs to round it all up and rub it in your faces. That’s not my jam. If anything, 2013 was the most incredible year for me because I learned a ton of lessons, grew as person, followed my dreams and a bunch of other deep shit.

But if I learned one important lesson, it was to laugh at the haters.

2013 was an incredible year for my blog, where my audience grew and grew, and I suppose it makes sense that along with that growth trolls would start to appear, little by little.

Though I need to be honest here, I think I get more trolls than the average travel blogger, which I’ve learned to be ok with because I know they’re just jealous muahahhaha!

hate comments

Ok, not really. I know I get a lot of hate for three reasons – 1. I have no filter. 2. I have an opinion. 3. I say what I think.

And you know what? I wish MORE bloggers did that. I made a choice years ago with this blog to keep it real, to be honest, and to say what I REALLY think about a place, no matter what. In this day and age of online everything, honesty makes all the difference.

And come on! Is originality dead, people?

Besides, being PC all the damn time is boring, and nobody wants to read that. At least I don’t.

hate comments

A year ago I wrote a post about the 10 best hate comments I’ve ever gotten, and the response I got was astonishing, in fact, it’s STILL astonishing – I get messages all the time from people relating to that post. Not bloggers necessarily, but people who could relate to the hate.

Whether it’s a coworker, a client, or a so-called friend, everyone has a hater or two in their lives, no matter how nice you can be. Nobody’s perfect, and those who act like they are, are just pretending.

Dealing with hate is something everyone can relate to.

It’s not a question of getting rid of the haters, it’s a question of how you DEAL with them. This is something that took me 12 months to learn. That’s why I wrote a that article a year ago – for myself, how to tackle the hate, how to not let it get me down, and ultimately learn to laugh at it.

I used to get so upset when I got a hate comment, sometimes I’d even cry. But what good does that do? Learning to laugh it off builds confidence too.

Source JennyCreates on Etsy

I’ve seen some fellow bloggers get some whoppers of a hate comment, and in general they go two routes – 1. They don’t say anything, nose in the air they are above that petty crap or 2. they say thank you for your comment.

I have no pretensions here; I’m not that mature. While I am polite and gracious on my posts on other websites and publications, Young Adventuress is MY space where I can drop f-bombs and say whatever I think. Hello, isn’t that the point of a blog?

So when someone leaves me a hate comment that I notice, I feel I am well within my right to answer honestly. You give me your opinion, I’ll give you mine. Be prepared.

So instead of a boring recap filler post, I’ll do my best to entertain you with my own misfortunes!

So without further ado, let’s see who made the cut for 2013 for my hater hall of fame!

1. The Solo Female Traveler’s Manifesto

This.

2. Five Foods to Avoid in Spain - this was a guest post from me on LandLopers

**In my defense, two points – firstly, this was not my regular audience and therefore were unaccustomed to my blatant sarcasm, frequent irony and general bluntness, and point two, this was picked up and translated by a very famous Spanish foodie website here WITHOUT talking to me first and basically ripped me a new one because they didn’t understand what I was saying, riling up a crowd of angry pitch-fork wielding non-English speakers who already were inclined to hate me AND were unaccustomed to my blatant sarcasm, frequent irony and general bluntness – pero os perdono gilipollas.

Translated “Well, I completely disagree with this “wonderful” lady who doesn’t know anything and acts like she has never set foot in Spain….God, I’d like to gag her!”

Me – GO AHEAD AND TRY!!!

3. Almost Dying in Dublin

“I’m glad you are alive but you so easily could have died and it would solely be your fault.”

Me – Ouch, now that was just mean!

4. Almost Dying in Dublin

“You’re an idiot! I hope you learnt a valuable lesson.”

Me –  Hey be nice. There are only 4 people in my life who are allowed to call me an idiot ,and you’re not one of them. Besides, I was 19, which is pretty much the same thing.

5. 10 Things I Really Wish People Would Stop Doing on Airplanes

“Have you heard the term “you get what you pay for”? All your troubles can be resolved, simply by purchasing a business class ticket or better yet a first class seat and forever quit your complaining. Maybe use all those air miles you’ve racked up to upgrade from economy next time. You lack a ton of common sense and have publicly embarrassed yourself with these whiny comments.”

Me – It has nothing to do with what class you’re in, this was about how people behave and the total lack of respect people have on planes, no matter where they’re sitting. From your bitchy comment, I’m guessing you fit the bill perfectly on at least 2 of these types of people.

6. 10 Things I Really Wish People Would Stop Doing on Airplanes

“The one thing I don’t get is the peanut thing. People really shouldn’t expect others to change their lifestyles to revolve around their own issues. I am a vegetarian and despise the smell of meat products, trust me those are nauseating and waft around the cabin like crazy, but I would never try to tell someone else what they can or can’t eat in public. It’s my issue, if I can’t handle it I should not fly. It’s up to the person with the allergy to remove themselves from a situation that will trigger adverse effects.”

Me – What the actual FUCK?!

If you smell or touch meat, you don’t die. If I smell or touch peanuts, I very likely will die. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Saying I should never fly because I was unlucky enough to be born with a life threatening illness is horrible and you should be ashamed of yourself. Being a vegetarian is a choice, having a severe peanut allergy isn’t.

7. How to NOT to Be a Douche Online

“For someone writing a blog about how not to be a douche online, you do a pretty good job of being a total douche!”

Me – I guess I had that coming, but in the meantime, please clarify my exact douchiness.

8. The Do’s and Don’ts of an Iceland Road Trip

“While I liked some of this post your comment about bathrooms makes me livid. Travelers ignore this part! One of the most incredible things we found in Iceland was the wide availability of public restrooms- all clean!! We traveled the ring road and deep off it into the westfjords and did not once desecrate this gorgeous country!

In fact, I read an article earlier this fall all about how terrible the “foreigners going the bathroom everywhere despite wide access to toilets” has gotten. This is terrible! You are encouraging travelers to abuse the country. This is terrible advice! And couldn’t be more incorrect.”

Me – Oh ok, I’m sure you know our itinerary better than we do, and you of course know where the rest stops better than the Icelander who planned the trip with us. I can’t stand high and mighty comments like this, makes me want to punch a wall.

9. My Ryanair Horror Stories

“You come across as somebody who can’t be arsed to do some simple research!  Your the one at fault for All of the above incidents! Don’t get me wrong, I too dislike Ryanair but fair is fair! They never hide any guidelines, if anything they advertise then more than most airlines, you get what it says on the tin from them. Budget airline!!”

Me – Your opinion is invalid since your grammar is appalling.

10. Trouble in Luxor: My Experience Getting Harassed in Egypt

“We really don’t need such awful articles like this! We need our country to stand up against people like you who tell tourists not to come. Show some mercy you terrible American!”

Me – Stop putting words in my mouth! Gah! I hate it when people say I said things when I didn’t! I didn’t say people shouldn’t go to Luxor, I just said that if you’re a blonde girl with a bosom, cover up and prepare to get hollered at. A lot.

11. Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE the Auxiliar Program in Spain

“It’s true that I may have a moan about the programme to a close friend, but that is completely different to writing a blog entry, and something … that is written in such an immature way.

If you wish to be jokey and sarcastic, then change your writing style, or put a disclaimer, explaining yourself. If you wish to be taken as a serious narrator of life in Spain, then terms such as “d-bag” and other inappropriate words should be taken out of your dialogue.”

Me –  Do you know what a blog is?

12. My Travel Pet Peeves

“Amusing article..all that complaining? And I get the feeling in a word, you’re a class A C#@T”

Me – sigh, you haven’t made it until someone calls you a c*** in public, right?

13. Ok, you tell me, what’s the best hate comment you’ve ever gotten? How do you deal with the haters out there?

168 Responses to 13 Best Hate Comments of 2013

1. Pedro Meca Garcia December 14, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

interesting post Liz! i think that online haters may hate a person because of several reasons…for example they love the person or have a secret desire, and because they cannot have the person they get frustrated and develop a hating feeling (it also happens out of the Internet with relationships and affairs with women and men).

i also have learnt, at least in Spain, that there is a lot of jealousy and envy amongst women, so you should not be surprised to know that some of your haters is a woman who is jealous of your success as blogger.

i think that it’s good to show an opinion even disagreeing..i really dislike to be politically correct as we say in Spain.

• Liz December 14, 2013 at 10:43 pm #

I agree about the jealousy part but I think it’s mildly insulting to claim that that it’s “amongst women” haha – be careful I’m a super feminist :P

Though I find it hard to imagine people being jealous of me!

• Pedro Meca Garcia December 15, 2013 at 10:50 am #

well i don’t know about the USA, but in Spain i can tell you that envy and jealousy are common amongst women.

i haven’t meant or haven’t said that all your haters are females, of course there may be males too.

i think that to be super feminist is as bad as to be super macho, at least in Spain.

why do you find it hard people being jealous of you? you have success as blogger i think, you do know the world, you do travel on your own, you are not ugly, so why not? in fact i am jealous of you because you seem to have found a round trip from the USA to Turkey at about 400 dollars!! that makes 350 euros more or less!! hate you! :)

2. Shayla December 15, 2013 at 10:09 am #

Your response to #9 deserves some sort of award. Seriously almost spit out my cafe con leche.

Much love and success to you in 2014! Hope our paths cross soon!

• Liz December 17, 2013 at 12:35 am #

hahahah that’s hilarious!

3. Alana - Paper Planes December 15, 2013 at 10:28 am #

Your responses are. the. best.

I feel like hate+response should be a new Tumblr…

• Liz December 17, 2013 at 12:47 am #

totally agree! I’ve been holding out on starting a tumblr, I really don’t need another social media platform

4. Sarah Palin December 16, 2013 at 9:37 pm #

I think you’re amazing Liz, and I have to admit I think I have a bit of a crush on you.

• Liz December 17, 2013 at 12:14 am #

lol

5. McKenzie December 17, 2013 at 8:34 am #

Hi there! Love this post so much. I have an expat blog, and just recently had to disable anonymous comments. I used to not care, but the ‘short-haired girl must be a lesbian, die’ comments were getting to be a bit much (although my boyfriend found them amusing).
    The internet really brings out the best and worst in people. You may have just inspired me to turn on the anonymous comments option again. Thanks! McKenzie

• Liz December 18, 2013 at 6:58 pm #

OMG that’s horrific! People are awful! I am glad I inspired you to face the anons! Just tell them to suck it

6. Sam December 17, 2013 at 12:38 pm #

These are pure gold! I hope when my blog’s big enough to attract haters that I get as great comments as you do! Oh, and this: “being PC all the damn time is boring, and nobody wants to read that. At least I don’t.” Completely agree. 100%.

• Liz December 18, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

hahah glad someone agrees with me!

7. Laura December 17, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Cracking up at the “roundup of free trips in 2013 as a professional travel blogger” – sadly so true.

These are great! Good for you for laughing at these comments and not letting them get to you. Some are pretty ridiculous but the one about paying for business class? Seriously? I’ve seen plenty of d-bags in all classes of flights, thank you!

• Liz December 17, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

I know, right? People are absurd sometimes!

8. Tom @ Waegook Tom December 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

Hahahaha! I came here from Adventurous Kate’s blog (HEY FELLOW 9 BLOGGERS TO WATCH IN 2013 BLOGGER) and this. THIS POST. I’ve gotten more trolls than ever in the last year and I just say, keep them coming! The best was on a post I wrote about safety in Colombian cities, which basically boiled down to, “use common sense and you’ll be fine.” BUT I did write about a couple of people I’d met there who had had trouble – because they’d made stupid decisions…

Anyway, in comes this one troll, ranting about his brother-in-law getting shot and killed (horrible), saying I’m deceiving my readers and I’ll have blood on my hands. He links to an article about his dead relative. Turns out his relative was a resident in Colombia, and was involved in some vendetta-type-thing with a local gang. I pointed this out and said my readers generally aren’t expats in Colombia with vendettas. Anyway, he said some BS like nowhere in the US is less safe than Colombia. I produced actual statistics that countered his statement, and said he’s a hypocrite if he doesn’t actively discourage people from visiting places with worse violent crime than Colombia too.

He then blocked me.

Bring on more trolls in 2014!

Also I’m totally doing a 2013 end-of-year post in some kind of format, because it’s the holidays and I’ll probably be drunk/crying due to excessive weight gain/both of the former to do an actual proper blog post.

• Liz December 18, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

holy shit that’s a crazy story!

Keep the trolls coming! So entertaining!

9. H.D.Lynn December 17, 2013 at 9:59 pm #

The bathroom post was harsh, but as a backpacker/environmentalist, you’d be shocked how many people treat nature like their personal Disney world. That said, if you’re peeing — whatever, it’s mostly water! Just pack out your toilet paper in a plastic bag.

• Liz December 18, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

oh I know, it’s gross! I think that comment bothered me so much because it was so high-handed.

10. Sarah Palin December 18, 2013 at 10:56 pm #

Some words of wisdom now, I do think that people who leave trolling remarks don’t realize there’s a person behind the screen that they’re talking too……they wouldnt say these things in RL.

11. Rand December 19, 2013 at 3:06 am #

Thanks for sharing those! It’s always refreshing to hear how other bloggers deal with the comments and nonetheless they are always entertaining to read.

• Liz December 20, 2013 at 2:00 am #

haha you’re welcome!

12. Lisa Imogen Eldridge December 19, 2013 at 12:37 pm #

Well done you for being true to yourself. Ignore all the trolls – they are just jealous. You should be really proud of your achievements. You’ve got a great blog Liz.

• Liz December 20, 2013 at 2:17 am #

why thank you!

13. A Southern Gypsy December 19, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

Oh, this post just makes me so extremely happy. I don’t think I’ve done anything to piss anyone off enough yet to get these kind of comments, but I kinda can’t wait until I do haha..

• Liz December 20, 2013 at 2:18 am #

hahah start planning some good replies :D

14. Sarah Palin December 20, 2013 at 9:56 am #

15. amelie88 December 21, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

I can’t comment on getting many hater comments, but I DID get an e-mail from a rather disgruntled older Frenchman who took issue with a comment I made on another person’s blog I follow (so it had nothing to do with what I actually wrote on my blog). In retrospect, my comments were harsh sounding but I nicely worded my e-mail back to the guy with a message basically saying “Sorry I’m not sorry.” Of course he e-mailed me back and further indirectly insulted me, but I got the last word and basically shut him down on the original blog where he found my comment. (Though I just went back to check that discussion and seems he commented after me again but I don’t care, he can stay in his little My Way or the Highway world since the blogger of the website agreed with me).

It was a good lesson for me, but honestly it’s just too exhausting to sound diplomatic 100% of the time…

• Liz January 4, 2014 at 4:49 am #

Lord, that’s crazy!

16. Dana Carmel @ Time Travel Plans December 22, 2013 at 11:11 pm #

Whelp – I guess I’ve made it since I got called a c*#t by someone for posting a pic of a filthy beach in the Dominican Republic on my Facebook page. Except the commenter said it in Spanish. So I guess I’m at the top of my game. ;-) Great post!

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:11 pm #

haha good job xx

17. This American Girl December 23, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Haha, way to own it girl! I recently got slammed with my first hate comments so it’s actually really reassuring to read yours. What was the worst one?

“how lucky are you for the generosity of people in these places. you are not put on this earth to have fun idiot.. contribute to society or get off planet earth. people work so hard to achieve and take care of there family and girls like you can travel around because you got tits seriously.. i hooked up with allot of you types.. trust me, i have no respect for your stupid attitudes.. and you are sad lonely fools.”

Clearly the guy has no idea what I look like. If he had ever seen a picture of me he would know that, despite being a woman, I do not in fact have tits.

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:11 pm #

peeps be crazy

18. SnarkyNomad December 23, 2013 at 7:06 pm #

I’ve had problems with people misinterpreting or mistranslating sarcasm as well. But regarding #10, where people put words in your mouth and then complain about those words, that’s something I’ve seen a lot. It’s quite amusing. “Wait, so you’re saying _____? That’s HORRIBLE!” But no, it’s just imaginary and never happened.

I think my favorite moment was when someone complained about how something would never work because of ______, and it was something that was addressed and resolved literally in the next sentence, but he got mad before he finished reading. And this was discussed in a community of literature fans, who should be good at reading. At least, I thought so.

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:12 pm #

sweet jesus, that’s crazy!

19. Brooke December 23, 2013 at 11:35 pm #

HAHA Loved it!

Just to read such a light hearted post where you highlight all the crap people come up with out of pure jealousy is such a good spin on this.

I’ve never fired back at any troll comments but after reading this i just might throw some back next time!

- Brooke

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:22 pm #

just do what feels right for you, I feel like those people deserve a good taste of their own medicine!

20. Rachel Cotterill December 24, 2013 at 8:44 am #

We went around Iceland by bike, which involved some 3-4 day sections without seeing a building, let alone a public toilet. If we’d restricted ourselves to using official facilities there’s no way we could have survived…

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:27 pm #

thanks for the back up :D

21. Natalie December 25, 2013 at 1:31 am #

I’ve been on here for only 30 min, and already I love your style, girl. Thanks for the entertainment!

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:27 pm #

Thank you!!!

22. Julie Morey December 26, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

Thanks for this!! Made me feels world’s better I published a travel memoir, Travel, Sex, & Train Wrecks a year ago and while overall the reviews have been good…there have been the haters and it hurts because it is such a personal book and it feels personal if I get a negative comment – so nice to know that it happens to us all. :) Some of the comments were hysterical though…my fav was “I feel sorry for all the 20 year old’s she seduced.” Anyone heard the phrase, can’t rape the willing??

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:38 pm #

omg that’s hard, I know what you mean, sometimes it’s so hard to hear criticism or negativity on something you’ve poured your heart into, but screw them haha, the only thing that matters is what you think about it

23. Kristín December 27, 2013 at 11:24 am #

I would like to say that the person that commented on your “Iceland” post, is right. It is a big problem here in Iceland how people use the nature as toilets and leave trash everywhere. The tourists may not care about that or may not even notice it, but the people that live in Iceland (including me) notice it a lot.

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

Of course, that’s a problem anywhere, however, the person who left that comment may have been right about people going to the bathroom outside, but they were 100% wrong about our trip, and it infuriates me when people presume to know more than I do about my decisions

24. Kate December 30, 2013 at 1:10 am #

Haha the only ones I ever get are your a dumb ignorant bitch and that’s normally because we’re talking about politics and I say if you don’t get at least one of those comments then you must not know politics at all.

Otherwise I’ve ran a few pages before with some of the most racists remarks ever…let’s just say on a pet site never ever ever post a photo of the White House dogs…my god we weren’t even making a political statement, but the racism was astounding.

• Liz January 3, 2014 at 8:50 pm #

wow that’s insane!

25. Mr. Vagabond January 4, 2014 at 2:05 am #

Liz, thanks for your posts. They are entertaining and informative. These comments are illegitimate and rude. I’m not much of a swearer, but hey IM THE ONE DECIDING TO READ YOUR BLOG.

People can be so caught up on themselves.

Sadly, this says so much about humanity. I would wager that 98.9 percent of these comments would never be said to your face, but people find it okay to blog about it. But Oh well! Such is the negative affects of social media.

• Liz January 4, 2014 at 4:25 am #

Agreed

26. Geri January 4, 2014 at 11:01 am #

I really love this post! Congratulations for your courage to speak what you think and Happy New Year!

• Liz January 4, 2014 at 7:38 pm #

cheers! Happy new years right back atcha!

27. Naomi January 9, 2014 at 5:58 am #

What surprises me most is that people have the guts to hurl hate comments at you in your own territory.. dayuum! its like going to someone’s house and insulting them there. This is your territory Liz and you can well, say what you like… I’m proud of you and glad that i am your fan! This post actually taught me a lesson. Happy New year….

28. Mary January 9, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

YAY, LIZ!

I just got a ‘hate’ comment on this post on my blog:

I do not publish them, and although few and far between, when I have gotten them they of course hurt for an instant and are a bit of a shock! I read your wonderful post. Today, I added an addendum to the above post, mentioning your blog, and with a link to your post. I hope that is alright with you.
    This post made me feel instantly better, and put things in perspective in warp speed, so thank you so much!
    Mary

29. Sylvain January 11, 2014 at 7:33 am #

Yes, I totally go along with you, a witty response is the best way to deal with those.

30. Ross January 13, 2014 at 12:06 pm #

Great article. Never came across the ‘best hate comments’ before but it makes for a refreshing change. A blog is someones personal opinion so not sure what their problem is. At least you get some views when they come on to abuse you!

31. Katrina January 15, 2014 at 7:31 am #

I can’t believe how mean some people have been (although I really shouldn’t be surprised – there’s always those pathetic people with the nasty ‘keyboard confidence’)! You have a great attitude towards it all.

I found your blog tonight and am loving it! I’m 24 and have a great job but I’m soooo keen to travel more. Very inspiring and I love your writing style :)

32. Ed January 19, 2014 at 10:51 pm #

Your so gorgeous ;o lol sorry if that was off topic

33. John February 4, 2014 at 6:13 am #

I kind of want to try to make this list next year. But you’re going to have to start talking smack about New Zealand to make that happen.

• Liz February 4, 2014 at 5:04 pm #

Mah haha ok – don’t worry at some point I will have a good rant about New Zealand, starting with marmite, the shitty internet and food costs :P

34. Katie February 27, 2014 at 11:02 am #

Great list! I’ve had my fair share of horrible things said to me on the internet, so I feel you. Several weeks ago before the Sochi games started, I wrote that I disagreed with boycotting the Olympics, (the-countries-not-sending-the-athletes kind of boycott, that is) and people started calling me an “insensitive and hateful Disney princess” and that I “valued sports over human life.” Seriously? No, I most certainly do not. I just didn’t think boycotting was fair to the athletes. I try not to worry about what people say online because they’re a bunch of anonymous idiots I don’t even know, but it still upsets me sometimes. But then again, not everyone acts like this on the internet. For example, there are still those awesome people that write hilarious stuff like you! :)

35. MillyMils February 28, 2014 at 10:22 am #

I know I am a little late, but I just found your blog and this post about the haters along with your blog has been so entertaining. Please don’t change your “sarcastic” way (as you like to put it) of writing. All part of that charm of yours. I am totally living vicariously thru you and secretly wish you were my bff. Keep up the awesome work.

36. Arianwen March 25, 2014 at 4:30 pm #

I love your grammar comeback the most! It always astonishes me when people get so riled up about something so minor (or take what you say completely the wrong way) and then have nothing better to do than to publically slate you! This is a really fun read though. Good for you rising above it all and turning it into a successful post instead!

37. Escape Hunter April 20, 2014 at 10:46 pm #

Haters might as well be from your entourage, some might be closer than you think!
    I say “might”, I’m not saying they necessarily are. But I know the feeling.
    Envy, rivalry, primitive complexes of people who feel lower than you and they can’t take it!
    Real friends are people who can love you when you’re happy.
    Otherwise – I don’t see why a totally unknown person who doesn’t know a thing about you would post hate comments on your site. I smell someone who knows you at least a bit and is hiding behind nicknames.

38. get over yourself April 23, 2014 at 11:00 am #

Everyone who comes across your blog is not going to like it. You brag for a living at the top of your lungs…with photos and you think people are just going to fawn all over you? It isn’t jealousy it’s the anger that this even makes you money. You clearly are heafty in size and as a skinny, literally starving, student it just looks like you clearly are a spoiled brat with plenty of money to spend on overeating. I would love to have you buy me an NZ brunch one day. The only reason you have a travel blog that now pays you to travel is because you had the means to travel and blog in the first place. There are plenty of epople without a MAC book, Iphone, internet connection or computer at all so this is a ‘career’ of luxury. There are plenty of real writers who have their hard work get edited down to nothing, fighting to make deadlines and write entire books. You dibble a few words on the computer, push click and then call yourself a writer. Bloggers have a stick up their ass. Just because you have a blog does not make you anything but an attention seeker. You are not any more precious than your commentors and if you can’t handle it then don’t blog.Anyone of the people commenting could start a blog tomorrow. It is an easy platform because it was developed to be! It’s like epople who are amazed that a baby can work an ipad…it was meant to be simple. You have not created the wheel here. Documenting your brattiness is annoying. They way you write sounds like a ditz-brained bimbo. Girls who blogs usually sound very vapid. It’s that valley girl style of writing that appeals to so many other White girls. Bottom line…all people who disagree with you are not trolls, losers, etc. They are your readers. They have a valid opinion. Bloggers are the original internet trolls.

• Liz April 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm #

Congratulations for making next year’s hate comments list! This might be the meanest one I’ve ever gotten. Good on you for being an anonymous dick – now come to New Zealand and say all of this to my face please :)

1. Our 13 Best, Worst, and Strange Travel Moments of 2013 | The Roaming Coconuts - December 27, 2013

[…] From posts chronicling 13 travel bests of the year to a post about a blogger’s “13 Best Hate Comments of 2013,” this has been a great week for reminiscing. Not being ones to miss jumping on a bandwagon, […]

2. Best Reads: December 2013 - December 31, 2013